With just days before the scheduled lifting of the Luzon lockdown, the DOH reported another spike in the number of new coronavirus cases in the country. | jovicyeeINQ
“The basis [of our recommendation] would be the trend of our cases and if our health-care system can appropriately manage our COVID-19 cases. If the increase in the number of new cases has slowed down and our health-care system becomes more prepared [to handle cases], that would be a good signal for us to say if we can already [lift the lockdown],” Vergeire said.
Vergeire explained that the number of fatalities was higher than those of recovered patients because of their testing protocol, which gave priority to the most at risk, that is, the severely ill and those who belong to the vulnerable population like the elderly. “It is not recommended to use the rapid test kits as a basis for what would be our next measures against COVID-19,” she said.
“In the next few days, we will focus more [on] testing so we can detect and immediately isolate all [virus] carriers,” he said. PhilHealth said its reimbursement program would cover all patients who were admitted from Feb. 1 to April 14.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Glimmer of hope in virus-hit Europe as US girds for 'horrific' weeks – The Manila TimesLONDON: European nations most ravaged by the new coronavirus on Sunday reported encouraging signs in their fight against the deadly pandemic, as the United States braced for what may be a “horrific” few weeks ahead. While Queen Elizabeth II delivered a rare televised address in a bid to calm public nerves about the deadly outbreak, […]
Read more »
Manila gives cash aid to over 500,000 familiesOver 500,000 families in Manila will each receive a P1,000-cash assistance from the city government as part of an amelioration program during the enforcement of enhanced community quarantine measures to stave off the threats posed by the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Read more »
Iza Calzado grateful to be alive – The Manila TimesABS-CBN actress Iza Calzado opened up for the first time on social media after beating the coronavirus disease (Covid-19). On Monday, Calzado thanked the public for the support and prayers that poured in after her manager, Noel Ferrer, confirmed on ...
Read more »
Oil firms slash pump prices anew – The Manila TimesOil companies will again lower their pump prices this week but the decrease will not be as big as the price rollback implemented last week. The cost of gasoline will go down by 35 centavos per liter, diesel by 70 centavos per liter and kerosene by 75 ...
Read more »
'Walang maiiwan': Manila to give P1,000 to families under coronavirus lockdownThe Manila City government will give P1,000 to 568,000 Manila families as assistance amid the COVID-19 crisis. Mayor Isko Moreno says a total of P591.5 million will be distributed to the families. Full story:
Read more »