Public know ECQ rules but continue to violate them — PRO-7 survey

Philippines News News

Public know ECQ rules but continue to violate them — PRO-7 survey
Philippines Latest News,Philippines Headlines
  • 📰 cebudailynews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 76 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 34%
  • Publisher: 71%

A PRO-7 survey shows that the public know the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) protocols and yet they continue to violate them.

With more violators of the enhanced community quarantine in Cebu City, the police and military are deploying more personnel to help implement stricter ECQ rules and keep more people off the streets. | Alven Marie TimtimThis was the statement of Police Brigadier General Albert Ignatius Ferro, Police Regional Office in Central Visayas director, weeks after the implementation of the enhanced community quarantine where the number of arrested violators had continued to grow.

Ferro said this pushed for deployment of more policemen and augmentation of military personnel to implement stricter ECQ rules including wearing of face masks, social distancing and allowing only Authorized Persons Outside their Residence to be out on the streets. “Especially that we have critical areas here in Cebu City… based on our survey, some of those who were arrested know the do’s and dont’s of ECQ. Kabalo sila pero gahi talaga ilahang ulo ba ,” said Ferro.Ferro added that majority of those arrested for violating the ECQ did not have any valid reason to go out, and some just wanted to loiter around, bearing with them the information about the regulations they should have been following under the ECQ.

However, Ferro said that Cebu City or the whole Central Visayas were not the only ones facing the issue of the public’s disobedience of ECQ regulations because it had been happening to other regions as well, which led the Philippine National Police to implement stricter rules as per the orders of President Rodrigo Duterte.

At least 800 police and military personnel were deployed this morning, April 17, 2020, who were given a directive to conduct foot patrols and checkpoints that would help limit persons going out of their houses./dbsThe comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

cebudailynews /  🏆 8. in PH

Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Palace: Gov’t developing post-ECQ game planPalace: Gov’t developing post-ECQ game planThe government is fine-tuning its
Read more »

Quezon City reports latest COVID-19 tally, testing, other initiatives under ECQQuezon City reports latest COVID-19 tally, testing, other initiatives under ECQThe number of COVID-19 cases in Quezon City has reached 982, up by 41 from the previous 941 based on Department of Health (DOH) data as of 7 p.m. of April 15.
Read more »

Duterte reveals ‘Davao mayor’ prevented him from visiting hometown due to ECQDuterte reveals ‘Davao mayor’ prevented him from visiting hometown due to ECQMANILA, Philippines – While President Rodrigo Duterte has strongly urged people to stay at home in view of the COVID-19 pandemic, he said that he understands the violators’ feelings as he
Read more »

Salceda ‘won’t be surprised’ if ECQ is extended because of individuals disobeying quarantine measuresSalceda ‘won’t be surprised’ if ECQ is extended because of individuals disobeying quarantine measuresAlbay 2nd district Rep. Joey Salceda said he will “not be surprised” if the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in Metro Manila will be extended until May 15.
Read more »

MMDA expresses concern over motorists disobeying ECQMMDA expresses concern over motorists disobeying ECQMANILA, Philippines — Despite the serious threat of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), many motorists still do not follow protocols under the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ),
Read more »

Kaohsiung buses as ‘briefing cells’ for ECQ violatorsKaohsiung buses as ‘briefing cells’ for ECQ violatorsCEBU CITY, Philippines -- Kaohsiung buses will be used as briefing cells for enhanced community quarantine violators (ECQ) by the Cebu City government, who plans to intensify the implementation of
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 00:31:23