Malacanañg on Monday said the Philippines has not received any official communication regarding an Interpol red notice in connection with the
Charles DantesMalacanañg on Monday said the Philippines has not received any official communication regarding an Interpol red notice in connection with the International Criminal Court’s arrest warrant for former president Rodrigo Duterte.
The statement follows reports that a red notice had been issued against Duterte, who is facing charges at the ICC for alleged human rights violations related to his administration’s drug war. “There have been reports of an issued arrest warrant, but as we’ve said, we cannot immediately confirm this without a physical copy of the warrant,” Castro said.
The PCO official explained that the warrant could be coursed through the Office of the President, the DOJ, or the Department of Foreign Affairs if the country were still an ICC member.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Palace: No communication on Interpol red notice on DuterteLatest Philippine news from GMA News and 24 Oras. News, weather updates and livestreaming on Philippine politics, regions, showbiz, lifestyle, science and tech.
Read more »
Malacañang andam na sa arrest warrant nga giisyu sa ICC batok ni DuterteSunStar Publishing Inc.
Read more »
Malacañang on alleged ICC arrest warrant vs. Rodrigo Duterte: Gov't is preparedLatest Philippine news from GMA News and 24 Oras. News, weather updates and livestreaming on Philippine politics, regions, showbiz, lifestyle, science and tech.
Read more »
Malacañang downplays Duterte’s tirades anew vs MarcosSunStar Publishing Inc.
Read more »
Palace Leaves Threats Against VP Duterte Probe to DOJMalacañang says it will allow due process to take its course and leaves the investigation into alleged threats against Vice President Sara Duterte to the Department of Justice (DOJ). Executive Secretary Lucas Bersamin confirms the Palace is aware of the issue but will not interfere, emphasizing the DOJ's full autonomy in the criminal investigation. Former senator Juan Ponce Enrile weighs in on Duterte's statement, pointing out its legal implications and suggesting it contains elements of a criminal case.
Read more »
DOJ to Have Full Autonomy in Duterte Sedition Probe, Says PalaceThe Philippine Department of Justice (DOJ) will have complete autonomy in investigating sedition and grave threat charges against Vice President Sara Duterte, according to Executive Secretary Lucas P. Bersamin. The DOJ will not receive any directions from Malacañang regarding the investigation, as it involves a criminal offense. The charges stem from Duterte's November 2024 statement in an online interview where she claimed to have hired an assassin to target President Ferdinand Marcos Jr., First Lady Liza Araneta-Marcos, and House Speaker Martin Romualdez if she were killed. The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) filed the cases last Wednesday, but Duterte's camp has not participated in the investigation. The DOJ expressed hope that Duterte would directly address the criminal complaints and clarify her stance on the matter.
Read more »