House Deputy Minority Leader France Castro asserts that President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.'s statements have weakened the push to impeach Vice President Sara Duterte. While Castro rejects the notion that time is insufficient for the impeachment process, acknowledging three existing complaints against Duterte, Marcos Jr. maintains that the current timing is impractical due to the upcoming campaign period.
House Deputy Minority Leader and ACT Teachers Representative France Castro stated on Saturday that President Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr. 's remarks have weakened the push to impeach Vice President Sara Duterte ."Tingin ko ang isa sa mga factor na nagpapahina sa atin ay ang mga statement ni Presidente. Sorry po ah, kasi sinasabi ni Presidente ay hindi raw napapanahon ng impeachment," Castro said at a pro-impeachment rally at the EDSA People Power Monument in Quezon City.
GMA Integrated News is seeking a response from the Vice President and her representatives regarding the issue.Marcos had previously emphasized that he believed it was not the right time to initiate an impeachment process.“But I still think that even if we – even if Congress is mandated to process these… Congress doesn’t have… The House doesn’t have a choice, and the Senate doesn’t have a choice once these impeachment complaints are filed,” he said.
IMPEACHMENT DUTERTE MARCOS JR. CONGRESS CAMPAIGNS
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
NBI Closes Case Against VP Sara Duterte Over Alleged Threats Against MarcosThe National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) has concluded its probe into Vice President Sara Duterte's alleged threats against President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. The NBI will submit its recommendations to the Department of Justice by January 2025. Duterte vehemently denies making any threats and criticized the investigation as 'unfair'.
Read more »
Marcos still not in favor of Sara Duterte’s impeachmentSunStar Publishing Inc.
Read more »
Marcos Regime's Impeachment Plot Against Sara Duterte CrumblesThe Marcos regime's desperate attempt to block Vice President Sara Duterte from succeeding Ferdinand Marcos Jr. has backfired spectacularly. The administration's impeachment plot against Sara, fueled by bribery, fabricated evidence, and a propaganda campaign, faced a crushing defeat with the Iglesia Ni Cristo's massive show of support for the Dutertes.
Read more »
Duterte allies to hold nationwide prayer rally for Vice President Sara DuterteBusinessman and PDP bet Cesar Cuntapay, who will challenge Vice Governor De Carlo Oyo Uy’s Congressional bid for the First District of Davao Del Norte, announced a nationwide prayer rally on January 13. The rally, initially planned as an Iglesia Ni Cristo (INC) event, will now be a simultaneous demonstration across the Philippines in support of Vice President Sara Duterte and in opposition to the alleged harassment she faces. The Davao City rally will convene at Coastal Road at 1 p.m. and march to Rizal Park at 2 p.m.
Read more »
[DECODED] Duterte social media army very much alive, roars to defend embattled Sara DuterteOn Facebook, pro-Duterte accounts portray Vice President Sara Duterte as a larger-than-life, indestructible leader
Read more »
Duterte Urges Unity Amidst Political Tensions, Son Reacts to Marcos' Silence on INC RallyFormer President Rodrigo Duterte emphasized the need for unity among Filipinos amid ongoing political tensions. He praised the Iglesia ni Cristo (INC) National Rally for Peace, expressing support for President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.'s stance against the impeachment case filed against Vice President Sara Duterte. Meanwhile, Duterte's son, outgoing Davao City Mayor Sebastian Duterte, reacted to President Marcos' perceived silence on the rally, deeming it 'good for him'.
Read more »