(UPDATE) FORMER broadcast journalist Jay Ruiz has been named the new head of the Presidential Communications Office (PCO), following the resignation of the agency's acting chief, Cesar Chavez.
FORMER broadcast journalist Jay Ruiz has been named the new head of the Presidential Communications Office , following the resignation of the agency's acting chief, Cesar Chavez.Chavez resigned on Feb. 5 after admitting that he had 'fallen short of what was expected of him.'He said he would introduce Ruiz to the agency on Monday to start the transition.'I am also hoping that this kind of transition can be institutionalized in all other agencies,' he added.
28, 2025, or anytime earlier when my replacement is appointed.'He thanked the President 'for the opportunity to serve, which has been an honor of a lifetime made possible only by his trust and confidence in me.'He said that he had much to be grateful for but admitted that he would leave 'with only one regret: in my estimation, I have fallen short of what was expected of me.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Jay Ruiz to be appointed as new PCO chief, says ChavezLatest Philippine news from GMA News and 24 Oras. News, weather updates and livestreaming on Philippine politics, regions, showbiz, lifestyle, science and tech.
Read more »
Former Journalist Jay Ruiz Takes Helm of Presidential Communications OfficeJay Ruiz, a former ABS-CBN reporter, has been appointed as the new head of the Presidential Communications Office (PCO), succeeding Cesar Chavez who resigned earlier this month. Ruiz will begin a week-long transition period, working with the outgoing PCO secretary to ensure a smooth handover. Chavez acknowledged falling short of expectations in his role, expressing gratitude for the opportunity to serve.
Read more »
PCO chief Chavez only on leave, not stepping down | Samuel P. MedenillaMalacañang on Thursday said there will be no change in leadership of the Presidential Communications Office (PCO). In a Viber message to Palace reporters, PCO Secretary Cesar B. Chavez. clarified that PCO Senior Undersecretary (SU) Emerald Anne R.
Read more »
Philippines' PCO Chief Cezar Chavez ResignsCezar Chavez, the Acting Secretary of the Presidential Communications Office (PCO) in the Philippines, announced his resignation after serving for nearly two years. He will step down on February 28, 2025, or earlier if his replacement is appointed. Chavez is the third communications chief to leave under President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.'s administration.
Read more »
Cesar Chavez Resigns as Acting PCO ChiefCesar Chavez, the acting chief of the Presidential Communications Office (PCO), announced his resignation on Thursday, February 16, 2025. Chavez, who served as Acting Secretary since September 2024, expressed gratitude for the opportunity to serve under President Ferdinand 'Bongbong' Marcos Jr.'s administration but admitted falling short of expectations. He emphasized his commitment to the administration's vision and his dedication to public service even outside government. Chavez revealed that former journalist Jay Ruiz will be his successor, transitioning into the role for a week starting February 24, 2025, before officially taking over on March 1, 2025.
Read more »
Chavez Resigns as Presidential Communications Office Acting Secretary, Ruiz to Take OverPresidential Communications Office (PCO) acting Secretary Cesar Chavez announced his resignation, confirming that former ABS-CBN broadcast journalist Jay Ruiz will take over his position. Chavez tendered his resignation last February 5 and it will take effect by February 28 or earlier. Ruiz, a journalist for over 20 years, retired from ABS-CBN in 2016 and will be the fourth individual to lead the PCO under President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.
Read more »