Duterte skips public address as several security members catch COVID-19

Philippines News News

Duterte skips public address as several security members catch COVID-19
Philippines Latest News,Philippines Headlines
  • 📰 ABSCBNNews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 25 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 13%
  • Publisher: 83%

President Duterte will not be addressing the nation this week after several members of the PSG contracted COVID-19. Read more:

Duterte's weekly "Talk to the People" usually airs on Monday night. But his spokesman Harry Roque said the chief executive's speech this week would not push through "in light of the rising number of active COVID-19 cases."

Some members of the President's security team tested positive for COVID-19, said Duterte's former longtime aide, Sen. Christopher Go. However, "there is nothing to worry about," said Go, who added that Duterte was in Manila. It was not immediately clear who among the security members contracted COVID-19, but questions were raised because Duterte last year admitted that some members of the PSG already had COVID-19 vaccines from Chinese state firm Sinopharm.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

ABSCBNNews /  🏆 5. in PH

Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Regeneron says its COVID-19 antibody cocktail helps prevent symptomatic COVID-19Regeneron says its COVID-19 antibody cocktail helps prevent symptomatic COVID-19New Phase 3 trial data finds a single shot of Regeneron's COVID-19 antibody cocktail was able to prevent symptomatic COVID-19 among people exposed to the virus, the company said.
Read more »

All American adults to be eligible for COVID-19 vaccine by April 19 -BidenAll American adults to be eligible for COVID-19 vaccine by April 19 -BidenU.S. President Joe Biden moved up the COVID-19 vaccine eligibility target for all American adults to April 19, but warned that with new virus variants spreading “we’re still in a life-and-death race” with the coronavirus.
Read more »

19 additional COVID-19 deaths reported in Bulacan19 additional COVID-19 deaths reported in BulacanThe Provincial Health Office (PHO) in Bulacan on Wednesday reported 19 new deaths due to COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths in the province to 586 since the start of the pandemic last year.
Read more »

Duterte 'safe', 'in good health' despite PSG members contracting COVID-19Duterte 'safe', 'in good health' despite PSG members contracting COVID-19
Read more »

Duterte misses weekly pandemic public address due to COVID-19 fearsDuterte misses weekly pandemic public address due to COVID-19 fearsFor the first time in 3 months, President Rodrigo Duterte will not be giving his weekly public address about the COVID-19 pandemic, Malacañang said on Wednesday, April 7. Read more:
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-08-30 18:15:50