MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Health (DOH) rejected on Saturday a call from some business groups to exempt factory and office workers from wearing face shields at work, saying personal
protective equipment remains crucial in fighting the new coronavirus disease despite improving public health indicators.
“Our point and position from the start is we will push and advocate wearing face masks, wearing face shields, practicing physical distancing, washing hands to everybody,” she said, urging the public to keep on observing health protocols to stay safe.“Let us not be complacent when we see improvements in our health system, in our number of cases. The virus is still here. Let us remain vigilant. We must always be aware and conscious,” she said.
“As earlier mentioned, we are one with government in helping ensure that the workplace is safe for our stakeholders,” they said. “But except for the front-liners, we respectfully take exception to the wearing of face shields inside the office and factories for the rest of our employees, since this can adversely affect their vision, physical safety and productivity.”
They also asked for the suspension of the Data Privacy Act to allow the public to know who exactly had been infected with coronavirus—a request that the National Privacy Commission later rejected for being unscientific and unethical.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
DoH defends decision to reduce use of RTKs – The Manila TimesTHE Department of Health (DoH) has maintained that their decisions regarding the country’s coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) response, which include the use of antibody rapid test kits (RTKs), are all based on the collegial decisions of health experts. This, after Palace spokesman Harry Roque Jr. told a group of businessmen, led by Presidential Adviser on Entrepreneurship […]
Read more »
DA, shipping firms tie-up to bring Mindanao fruits to Manila - Manila BulletinThe Department of Agriculture (DA), through its Agribusiness and Marketing Assistance Service (AMAS), has partnered with shipping giant Maersk and MCC Transport Philippines to bring tons of fruits from Mindanao to Metro Manila. In a statement on Friday, Sept. 25, DA Assistant Secretary for Agribusiness Kristine Evangelista said that Maersk and […]
Read more »
Suspend Manila Bay white sand project, Infrawatch PH appeals to Duterte - Manila BulletinInfrastructure-oriented thinktank Infrawatch PH appealed to President Duterte to suspend the implementation of the Manila Bay white sand project as the engineering intervention of the project has supposedly failed with the edges of the artificial beach leeching into the surrounding waters.
Read more »
P18.3-M undeclared fake shoes, dried tea seized at Port of Manila - Manila BulletinVarious undeclared products worth P18.3 million, deemed counterfeit by the Bureau of Customs, were seized at the Port of Manila.
Read more »
Metro Manila should remain in GCQ until end-October — Health expert - Manila BulletinA public health expert on Sunday noted a downtrend in the number of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in the country, but urged the government to keep epicenter Metro Manila under general community quarantine (GCQ) until end of October.
Read more »
DOH thumbs down proposal to exempt workers from wearing face shieldsThe Department of Health (DOH) on Saturday thumbed down the proposal of the business sector to exempt workers from wearing face shields.
Read more »