ASX-listed Australian Unity has had to pay a $250,000 “contrition payment” for underpaying thousands of care workers since 2014.
Health, wealth and care giant Australian Unity has had to pay a $250,000 “contrition payment” for underpaying thousands of staff more than $7.3 million.
FWO Sandra Parker said the company had signed an enforceable undertaking where it had committed to “stringent measures to ensure workers are paid correctly”.“These measures include engaging, at the company’s own cost, an independent auditor to complete two annual audits,” Ms Parker said. The employees worked across NSW and Victoria as nurses, cooks, catering employees, residential care workers, lifestyle workers, administrative workers, gardeners, laundry workers and maintenance workers.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Pilot killed in light plane crash in remote West Australian townA man aged in his 40s has died after a light plane crash in Western Australia near the South Australian border. 7NEWS
Read more »
Flood peak on the way as emergency warnings issued for South Australian communitiesThe South Australian State Emergency Service (SASES) is predicting the Murray River will peak in some towns from Christmas until January, as more emergency warnings were issued last night.
Read more »
‘Remarkable Australian story’: Tiny Jurassic teeth rewrite history of mammalsA controversial research paper argues the ancestors of the world’s mammals, including humans, evolved in Australia and the southern hemisphere.
Read more »
‘No place in Australian Football’: A-League broadcaster Ten backs full investigationThe A-League’s television partner Network 10 has condemned the actions of a group of violent pitch invaders at Saturday night’s Melbourne derby, supporting a full investigation into the incident which left one of its cameramen injured.
Read more »
Australian tourists stranded near Machu Picchu as civil unrest sweeps PeruThe Department of Foreign Affairs confirms 171 Australians have so far contacted its embassy in Lima seeking assistance as tourists become stranded near Peru's Machu Picchu ruins during violent protest across the country.
Read more »