Bukidnon announced on Thursday, April 9, its first coronavirus case—a man who attended the Araw ng Davao cockfight derby held at the Matina Gallera in Davao City last month. COVID19PH
Residents of Bukidnon pass through a quarantine checkpoint between the boundary of Libona, Bukidnon and Cagayan de Oro City. Photo by Bobby Lagsa/Rappler
Valencia City Mayor Azucena Huerbas said that the COVID-19 patient is a resident of Barangay Lumbayao, Valencia City. COVID-19 is the illness caused by the novel coronavirus. Provincial health officer Ricardo Lituanas Reyes of the Bukidnon Provincial Health Office said that the patient is on strict home quarantine.Reyes added that extensive contact tracing is underway to ensure that everyone who had close contact with the patient will also be isolated to prevent the further spread of the pathogen in the locality.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Davao City relief operations in full swingDAVAO CITY – A total 48,292 grocery food packs have already been distributed by the city government to the remaining barangays as part of the relief operations to assist residents in coping with the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) crisis.
Read more »
Duterte cancels Davao trip; to stay, work in Manila during Holy WeekMANILA, Philippines— President Rodrigo Duterte has canceled his trip to Davao City and opted to stay in Manila and work during the Holy Week, Malacañang said
Read more »
Coronavirus reaches ‘remote’ Yanomami people in AmazonBRASILIA — Brazil said Wednesday a first case of the new coronavirus had been detected among the Yanomami people, an Amazon indigenous group known for its remoteness and its vulnerability to foreign
Read more »
BuCor: 1 COVID-19 case in Bilibid not employee or prisonerMuntinlupa has recorded one confirmed case of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the New Bilibid Prison (NBP) but it is neither an employee nor a prisoner under the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor).
Read more »
6 more patients in Cebu are now COVID-freeCEBU CITY, Philippines — Despite the addition of one new confirmed case of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Central Visayas, the total number of patients here that await to be cleared from
Read more »
MAP: Barangays with coronavirus cases in most affected Metro Manila citiesSee where the cases are at the barangay level in the 5 Metro Manila cities with the most coronavirus cases. COVID10PH
Read more »