Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles said the task force had adopted a policy of “mandatory public disclosure” of the personal information of COVID-19 patients. | JMAurelioINQ
Civil defense takes over
Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said the new deaths and recoveries included unreported cases and cases from the DOH backlog. “So far, we are satisfied with the performance [of the] DOH. To put it in context, look at other countries and you will be surprised at how many COVID-19 positives and deaths they have,” he said. “Other richer nations are really struggling. If you compare our situation, their level is different from ours. So we are doing everything [we] can.”
The warning came amid calls on social media for the government to consider unlicensed an unapproved drugs for treating COVID-19, such as Prodex and the Fabunan antiviral injections.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Apple, Google team up on virus ‘contact tracing’ app – The Manila TimesSAN FRANCISCO: Google and Apple unveiled a joint initiative on Friday (Saturday in Manila) to use smartphones to trace coronavirus contacts to battle the global pandemic. The move brings together the largest mobile operating systems in an effort to use smartphone technology to track and potentially contain the Covid-19 (coronavirus disease 2019) outbreak. Smartphones powered […]
Read more »
DOH revises how virus cases are categorizedMANILA, Philippines — The Department of Health (DOH) has modified the classification of people on whether they have been afflicted with the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) to ensure a more
Read more »
Apple, Google to harness phones for virus infection trackingApple and Google launched a major joint effort to leverage smartphone technology to contain the COVID-19 pandemic.
Read more »
Virus-infected Australian cruise ship arrives at Montevideo portMONTEVIDEO, Uruguay -- An Australian cruise ship stranded off the coast of Uruguay for two weeks with more than 100 people aboard infected with the new coronavirus arrived at the port of
Read more »
Preacher to Pope Francis: Virus reminds us we’re all mortalVATICAN CITY — In a sign of humble obedience, Pope Francis prostrated himself for a few minutes on the floor of a nearly empty St. Peter’s Basilica in a Good Friday service, where the papal
Read more »
Turkey hospital sees hope as 93-year-old virus patient dischargedThe patient's recovery from the disease that is killing chiefly the old offered some hope to health workers at Istanbul’s Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty hospital as they battle the outbreak, which risks hitting Turkey hard.
Read more »