Starbucks commits $10-M in COVID-19 relief for partners worldwide

Philippines News News

Starbucks commits $10-M in COVID-19 relief for partners worldwide
Philippines Latest News,Philippines Headlines
  • 📰 manilabulletin
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 39 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 19%
  • Publisher: 51%

Starbucks announced today (April 8) the new Starbucks Global Partner Emergency Relief Program as part of its US$10 million commitment to support partners (employees) around the world impacted by COVID-19.

The program marks the first time both company-operated and international licensed market store partners across Starbucks may access hardship grants.

Support from the Starbucks Global Partner Emergency Relief Program will be made available to retail partners in licensed store markets through the Emergency Assistance Foundation, to partners in company-operated markets through the established Caring Unites Partners Fund, and to partners in Europe through the Starbucks EMEA Partner Relief Fund, a new fund established for European company-operated markets including the U.K.

Starbucks has a long history of supporting partners. In 1998, the CUP Fund was started in the U.S. by partners for partners facing unexpected financial hardship. Since then, the CUP Fund has supported more than 28,000 individuals. To date, the program has been extended to Starbucks company-operated markets in Canada, China, and Japan.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

manilabulletin /  🏆 25. in PH

Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Hopes of progress against COVID-19 lift world stocks; dollar, oil fallHopes of progress against COVID-19 lift world stocks; dollar, oil fall
Read more »

Largest supermoon of 2020 rises on a world battling COVID-19Largest supermoon of 2020 rises on a world battling COVID-19The largest, brightest supermoon of 2020 rose in the night sky on Tuesday over hushed cities, stilled factories and countries in lockdown due to the novel coronavirus that has killed tens of thousands worldwide. If the moon is within 10% of its closest distance to the earth at the moment of full moon, it is considered to be a …
Read more »

Soyuz MS-16 set for launch amid COVID-19 pandemicSoyuz MS-16 set for launch amid COVID-19 pandemic
Read more »

Duterte orders Finance secretary to source more funds for gov’t’s COVID-19 responseDuterte orders Finance secretary to source more funds for gov’t’s COVID-19 responseAs the government mulls over an extension of the Luzon-wide quarantine until the end of April, President Duterte has ordered Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez III to find additional funds to boost the government's response to the coronavirus pandemic even if he has to steal or borrow money.
Read more »

Duterte says not enough gov't funds in battle vs COVID-19Duterte says not enough gov't funds in battle vs COVID-19
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 01:35:55