State-run National Power Corp. (NPC) may tap its subsidy allotments from the national government to fund its operation requirements next year, the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) said.
State-run National Power Corp. may tap its subsidy allotments from the national government to fund its operation requirements next year, the Department of Budget and Management said.
On top of that, the 2023 national expenditure program also authorized the NPC to use its prior years’ subsidy to fund its additional activities or projects, but subject to the DBM approval, Pangandaman said. NPC earlier said it suffered a P12.537 billion budget cut under the 2023 NEP, which is the proposed national budget for next year.“In fact, DBM and NPC held a meeting earlier this month to discuss possible solutions and ways moving forward,” the budget chief said.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
PH needs holistic approach to develop air, sea logistics industry—law firmThe administration of President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. should adopt a “whole nation approach” to prepare the Philippines’ air and sea freight industry as the country expects business to flourish for aviation and engineering. READ:
Read more »
US to release oil reserves as Biden tackles high gas pricesUS President Joe Biden announced a plan on Wednesday to sell off 15 million barrels of crude oil from the nation&39;s emergency supply and begin refilling the reserve as he tries to dampen high gasoline prices ahead of midterm elections on Nov. 8.
Read more »
Parañaque City gov’t allots P100-M fund for bivalent Covid-19 vaccinesThe city government of Parañaque is allotting P100 million for the purchase of bivalent Covid-19 vaccines that may be more effective against the Omicron XBB subvariant and XBC variant.
Read more »
Fertilizer subsidy program gets P4.1 billion additional fundingThe Department of Agriculture has infused an additional P4.1 billion into the government’s fertilizer subsidy program to help alleviate the burden on local rice farmers of the rising cost of the farm input. | jordeenelagare /PDI
Read more »
Tolentino: Ex-DBM OIC Lao attempted to fly to Singapore last monthSenator Francis Tolentino revealed on Wednesday, October 19, that former DBM-PS officer-in-charge Christopher Lloyd Lao attempted to fly to Singapore last month despite being on the Bureau of Immigration's (BI) lookout bulletin.
Read more »