Companies that hope to tap US$7.5 billion in federal funding for this charging network must also adopt the dominant U.S. standard for charging connectors, known as 'Combined Charging System.'
The Biden administration on Wednesday issued long-awaited final rules on its national electric vehicle charger network that require the chargers to be built in the U.S. immediately, and with 55 per cent of their cost coming from U.S.-made components by 2024.
Tesla, the nation's largest EV maker and charging company, plans to adopt the CCS standard and expand beyond its proprietary connectors, the administration said. The network is a central part of U.S. President Joe Biden's plan to tackle climate change by converting 50 per cent of all new U.S. vehicle sales to electric by 2030. A dearth of chargers on U.S. roads has slowed the growth of EV sales and the positive environmental impact, advocates say.
"So this is not pie in the sky. It's literally steel in the ground. We are seeing the Biden climate vision on wheels," Zaidi said.Under the 2021 bipartisan infrastructure law, federal infrastructure projects like EV chargers must obtain at least 55 per cent of construction materials, including iron and steel, from domestic sources and have all manufacturing done in the United States starting immediately.
The U.S. and its allies Mexico and the European Union have clashed over protectionist policies implemented by Biden. The U.S. and the EU set up a task force last year to look at American laws that Europeans fear will discriminate against foreign electric car makers.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Biden administration’s new EV charger rules stress Made In America, force Tesla changesThe Biden administration hopes the new rules, issued after nearly eight months of debate, will jump-start the biggest transformation of the U.S. driving landscape in generations
Read more »
Hants County man who made child pornography by directing livestream abuse arrested on new charges | SaltWireA Hants County man who was banned from the internet for life when sentenced in 2015 to seven years in jail for child pornography crimes has been arrested again on more child pornography offences. | SaltWire
Read more »
Stellantis North America appoints new head of Canadian operationsAutomotive giant Stellantis, maker of brands including Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, has named a new head of its Canadian operations. Read on
Read more »
Stellantis North America appoints new head of Canadian operationsAutomotive giant Stellantis, maker of brands including Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, has named a new head of its Canadian operations. Read on
Read more »
‘Money well spent’: New Brunswick punts $186,000 in Super Bowl ad - New Brunswick | Globalnews.caThe province said that thanks to heavy advertising during the World Juniors Hockey Championship, they were able to get a deal on a Super Bowl ad.
Read more »
2 arrests made in Saskatoon cocaine trafficking investigation - Saskatoon | Globalnews.caSearch warrants were issued for a place in the 200 block of 26th Street West, a place in the 30 block of Middleton Crescent and two places in the 1200 block of Avenue D North.
Read more »