Metropolitan Manila Development Authority traffic czar Edison Bong Nebrija took a swipe on Monday afternoon, April 26 at the “anti-due process” crowd that had been trolling him in social media for th
e past few months.This, as Nebrija gave his two cents on Facebook regarding the case of two MMDA traffic enforcers who are facing dismissal over allegations of extortion.
“I was able to talk to the complainants/victims this morning and assured them that we will hold accountable our enforcers who fall short of our mandated ethical standards. No less than our chairman is on top of the situation to make sure justice will be served,” he said, referring to enforcers Edmon Belleca and Christian Malemit.
The duo, which allegedly extorted P1,000 from a motorist-couple over the weekend, was summoned Monday morning by MMDA Chairman Benhur Abalos. They were subsequently placed under preventive suspension for 90 days. As if using the mulcting enforcers’ case as proof that due process works when it comes to resolving motorists’ complaints, Nebija turned his sights to a certain group of people who, unlike him, shuns the notion of due process.
I was able to talk to the complainants/victims this morning and assured them that we will hold accountable our enforcers…
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
DepEd: Processing of the 2nd tranche of salary increase for teaching, non-teaching personnel ongoing
Read more »
After Grammys nod, Fil-Am H.E.R. takes home her first 'Best Original Song' Oscar“I couldn’t think of better timing to win something like this. I’m happy to be at the Oscars, it’s an important film that educating people, I feel connected to my roots,' HERMusicx said. Oscars Oscars2021
Read more »
Pope embarks on prayer 'marathon' against COVID-19Pope Francis on Saturday launched a month-long prayer marathon to hasten the end of the coronavirus pandemic with a prayer at St. Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican before some 150 believers.
Read more »
DFA confirms death of Filipino embassy personnel in India due to COVID-19DFA confirms death of Filipino embassy personnel in India due to COVID-19.
Read more »
NBI-7: 4 individuals charged with Attempted Intentional Abortion, 1 releasedFour individuals were charged with Attempted Intentional Abortion while one was released due to insufficient evidence.
Read more »