Man charged with running illegal gaming operation in Burnaby bowling building

Philippines News News

Man charged with running illegal gaming operation in Burnaby bowling building
Philippines Latest News,Philippines Headlines
  • 📰 BurnabyNOW_News
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 51 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 24%
  • Publisher: 77%

Richard Kurt Giebelhaus, 58, faces one count of running an illegal gaming house inside the Revs Bowling building in Burnaby between July 10, 2019 to Aug. 26, 2021.

A 58-year-old man has yet to make his first court appearance after being charged with running an illegal gaming operation out of a Burnaby bowling alley building.

“Information was received that an alleged illegal gaming operation was being conducted within the Revs Bowling building which initiated an investigation,” CFSEU spokesperson Sgt. Brenda Winpenny told the NOW in an emailed statement. “Once the investigation reaches a point that the required evidence has been collected the investigative team drafts a disclosure package that is presented to Crown counsel,” Winpenny said. “Crown counsel then has the onerous task of reviewing all the disclosure material and deciding what charges if any are appropriate and meet the charge approval threshold. This can take some time.”

CFSEU’s Joint Illegal Gaming Investigation Team was in Burnaby just last month to execute a search warrant at Big Shots Café in relation to an illegal gaming investigation.In July 2020, officers located “several individuals participating in activity that appeared to be that of an illegal gaming house” in the restaurant, according to an earlier CFSEU news release.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

BurnabyNOW_News /  🏆 14. in CA

Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Burnaby flagger sentenced for menacing coworker with stop signBurnaby flagger sentenced for menacing coworker with stop signPeter Kyle McGregor, 55, has been sentenced to 18 months of probation for taking a swing at a fellow flagger with a traffic sign at a construction site in South Burnaby in May.
Read more »

Burnaby strata ordered to pay $5K for ignoring owner’s right to storage roomBurnaby strata ordered to pay $5K for ignoring owner’s right to storage roomThe Civil Resolution Tribunal has ordered the Ingleton Place strata on Hastings Street to pay Trinden Enterprises Ltd. $5,000 for renting out a storage room to Telus that Trinden should have had exclusive use of.
Read more »

Letters: Protect the noble VikingLetters: Protect the noble VikingMore readers leap to defence of Burnaby North Secondary School mascot.
Read more »

Letter: Burnaby City hall plan needs sober second thoughtLetter: Burnaby City hall plan needs sober second thoughtCity should hold a referendum on its choice of new location for seat of municipal government, former council candidate says
Read more »

Fired coach punches back at shuttered North Burnaby Boxing ClubFired coach punches back at shuttered North Burnaby Boxing ClubManny Sorbal was a founding member and head coach of the North Burnaby Boxing Club until the board of directors fired him in 2020. Changes to the club's bylaws ended his membership as well, but the province's Civil Resolution Tribunal has ruled those changes were invalid.
Read more »

End of an era: The first mall-based Hudson’s Bay is shutting down in BurnabyEnd of an era: The first mall-based Hudson’s Bay is shutting down in BurnabyHudson's Bay Co. shaped Lougheed Town Centre as we know it.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-08-29 21:53:00