JERUSALEM - Israel will ban inter-city travel from Tuesday to Friday this week in order to forestall the spread of coronavirus during the Passover holidays, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said.
"There will be a lockdown between Tuesday from 4:00 pm until Friday at 7:00 am -- you must stay in your cities and villages," he said late Monday on television.
"Every family must stay at home and nobody can leave their homes between 6:00 pm on Wednesday and 7:00 am on Thursday," the prime minister added. Coronavirus has so far killed 57 people in the Jewish state and infected more than 8,900, according to official figures. Netanyahu on Friday gave the green light for soldiers to be deployed in the mostly ultra-Orthodox city of Bnei Brak, which is considered the centre of Israel's novel coronavirus outbreak.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Israel releases VR tours of Jerusalem’s famous historical sitesDevout Filipino Catholics and pilgrims who may not be able to travel or visit the holy sites in Israel, following the outbreak of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), will have the chance to see those places during the Holy Week period in the very comfort of their homes through virtual reality on the internet.
Read more »
‘Strengthen frontliners’ protection through ordinance’CEBU CITY, Philippines — Local government units are encouraged to follow suit in imposing laws against discrimination of health care workers amid the present public health emergency brought about
Read more »
Cebu lawmaker suggests 'localized quarantine'CEBU City Second District Representative Rodrigo Abellanosa appealed to the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases...
Read more »
Cops seize P300K shabu, nab 2 HVIs in Tipolo bustMANDAUE CITY, Cebu, Philippines — Mandaue police got its biggest drug haul in four days in its latest anti-drug operations in Barangay Tipolo this city after it confiscated P306,000 worth of
Read more »
Israel releases VR tours of Jerusalem’s famous historical sitesDevout Filipino Catholics and pilgrims who may not be able to travel or visit the holy sites in Israel, following the outbreak of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), will have the chance to see those places during the Holy Week period in the very comfort of their homes through virtual reality on the internet.
Read more »
'Walang maiiwan': Manila to give P1,000 to families under coronavirus lockdownThe Manila City government will give P1,000 to 568,000 Manila families as assistance amid the COVID-19 crisis. Mayor Isko Moreno says a total of P591.5 million will be distributed to the families. Full story:
Read more »