Indonesia bans all syrup, liquid medicines after children's deaths

Philippines News News

Indonesia bans all syrup, liquid medicines after children's deaths
Philippines Latest News,Philippines Headlines
  • 📰 manilabulletin
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 25 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 13%
  • Publisher: 51%

The Indonesian government announced on Wednesday a ban on all syrup and liquid medicine prescription and over-the-counter sales, after the deaths of nearly 100 children from acute kidney injury this year.

JAKARTA, Indonesia —

It also comes after nearly 70 children died in The Gambia earlier this year, also from AKI, in a scandal linked to four Indian-made cough syrups. “Until today, we have received 206 reported cases from 20 provinces with 99 deaths,” the health ministry’s spokesperson Syahril Mansyur told a press briefing.

The rise in cases of AKI began in January this year, and accelerated further since late August, the ministry spokesperson said, adding that a probe was launched last week.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

manilabulletin /  🏆 25. in PH

Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Disney drops first trailer for 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules'Disney drops first trailer for 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules'Check out the new trailer for the animated adaptation of the beloved children's book.
Read more »

A Restaurant In Singapore Is Charging People For Noisy ChildrenA Restaurant In Singapore Is Charging People For Noisy ChildrenAccording to Angie’s Oyster Bar & Grill, their 'Screaming Children Surcharge' was added due to past disruptions.
Read more »

Indonesia to demolish soccer stadium where stampede killed over 130Indonesia to demolish soccer stadium where stampede killed over 130'We agreed to thoroughly transform Indonesian soccer,' says Indonesia President Joko Widodo in the aftermath of one of the world's deadliest stadium disasters.
Read more »

‘Ban Kdrama?’: Gov’t urged to support entertainment industry after Jinggoy’s proposal‘Ban Kdrama?’: Gov’t urged to support entertainment industry after Jinggoy’s proposal“‘You do not expel competition, you challenge this with better work,’” scriptwriter Noreen Capili tweeted following the proposal to ban Kdramas in the country.
Read more »

Indonesia to demolish football stadium where crush killed 133Indonesia to demolish football stadium where crush killed 133The Indonesian football stadium where a stampede killed 133 people will be torn down and rebuilt, President Joko Widodo said Tuesday, as the head of FIFA pledged to help “reform and transform” the sport in the country.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 15:39:08