Ecuador VP apologizes after coronavirus corpses left on streets

Philippines News News

Ecuador VP apologizes after coronavirus corpses left on streets
Philippines Latest News,Philippines Headlines
  • 📰 rapplerdotcom
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 41 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 20%
  • Publisher: 86%

Ecuador's vice president Otto Sonnenholzner apologizes after dead bodies were left on the streets of Guayaquil city. Full story:

DEATH. A woman cries after learning about the death of a relative at Los Ceibos Hospital in Guayaquil, Ecuador, on April 4, 2020 during the novel coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. Photo by Enrique Ortiz/AFP

QUITO, Ecuador – Ecuador's vice president Otto Sonnenholzner has apologized after scores of bodies were left on the streets of Guayaquil as theResidents had published videos on social media showing abandoned bodies in the streets in the Latin American city worst hit by the pandemic. Authorities collected at least 150 corpses from streets and homes earlier this week, but did not confirm how many of the dead were victims of the outbreak.

"We have seen images that should never have happened and as your public servant, I apologize," said Sonnenholzer, who is heading the country's virus response, in a statement broadcast by local media on Saturday.The government has imposed a state of emergency and introduced a nightly curfew in an effort to contain the spread of the disease.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

rapplerdotcom /  🏆 4. in PH

Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

PH coronavirus cases jump to 3,660, death toll hits 163PH coronavirus cases jump to 3,660, death toll hits 163BREAKING. The Philippines now has 3,660 cases of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) as the Department of Health (DOH) reported 414 additional cases on Monday, April 6. COVID19PH
Read more »

PM Modi, lawmakers agree 30 percent salary cut as India deals with coronavirusPM Modi, lawmakers agree 30 percent salary cut as India deals with coronavirusNEW DELHI - Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and other top government figures will take a 30 percent salary cut this year, a government minister said on Monday, as the country tackles the coronavirus outbreak and its impact on the economy.
Read more »

Tiger at NYC's Bronx Zoo tests positive for coronavirusTiger at NYC's Bronx Zoo tests positive for coronavirusNEW YORK -- A tiger at the Bronx Zoo has tested positive for the new coronavirus, in what is believed to be the first known infection in an animal in...
Read more »

Singapore unveils $3.5 billion in economic spending to combat coronavirusSingapore unveils $3.5 billion in economic spending to combat coronavirus
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 20:28:49