DSWD: 4 million out of 18 million families received COVID-19 cash aid so far

Philippines News News

DSWD: 4 million out of 18 million families received COVID-19 cash aid so far
Philippines Latest News,Philippines Headlines
  • 📰 ABSCBNNews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 21 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 12%
  • Publisher: 83%

DSWD: 4 million out of 18 million families received COVID19 cash aid so far

MANILA - The Philippine government has distributed financial assistance to 4 million out of 18 million poor families affected by the coronavirus pandemic, the Department of Social Welfare and Development said Wednesday, nearly a month into the lockdown imposed in Luzon and several areas in the country to halt the contagion.

The Philippine government has allotted a P200-billion emergency package for low-income households to help them weather the crisis. One of the reasons for the slow distribution of cash subsidy, Gudmalin said, was that LGUs have to reconcile the list of beneficiaries. To remedy the government's rollout of the program, DSWD released guidelines, saying the agency would audit the list of beneficiaries later.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

ABSCBNNews /  🏆 5. in PH

Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

DSWD asks LGUs to fund emergency subsidies for families not on gov't listDSWD asks LGUs to fund emergency subsidies for families not on gov't listThe social welfare department asks city governments to shoulder the subsidies for families not included in its list. Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto says the city government is working to provide for families excluded from DSWD’s list. Full story:
Read more »

DSWD urges LGU leaders to source own funds for constituents not included in SAPDSWD urges LGU leaders to source own funds for constituents not included in SAPThe Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) has appealed to the mayors and their respective city and municipal councils to tap into their savings or look for other funding sources to grant cash assistance to their constituents who are not included in the government's Social Amelioration Program (SAP).
Read more »

Barangay Tisa to implement stricter ECQ rules starting April 18Barangay Tisa to implement stricter ECQ rules starting April 18Starting Saturday, April 18, 2020, Barangay Tisa in Cebu City will be implementing stricter rules during the enhanced community quarantine period.
Read more »

Absence of beneficiary list from DSWD hinders Pasig cash aid distributionAbsence of beneficiary list from DSWD hinders Pasig cash aid distributionPasig Mayor Vico Sotto said that the P700-million fund for the program has been turned over to the city government but has yet to be distributed to residents pending the release of the validated list from the DSWD. | CGonzalesINQ
Read more »

18-yr-old nabbed for robbery, theft during Cauayan City lockdown18-yr-old nabbed for robbery, theft during Cauayan City lockdownAn 18-year-old teenager, who claimed he was forced to steal out of hunger during the Luzon lockdown, was arrested by the police over the weekend after ransacking three establishments in Cabaruan village. | VillVisayaJrINQ
Read more »

Duterte: Gov’t to give aid to families not on DSWD emergency subsidy listDuterte: Gov’t to give aid to families not on DSWD emergency subsidy list'Gagastos tayo para sa Pilipino,' says President Rodrigo Duterte. COVID19PH
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 12:36:49