DOJ’s Remulla to discuss missing ‘sabungeros’ case with Chief Justice

Philippines News News

DOJ’s Remulla to discuss missing ‘sabungeros’ case with Chief Justice
Philippines Latest News,Philippines Headlines
  • 📰 MlaStandard
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 43 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 21%
  • Publisher: 55%

Department of Justice (DOJ) Secretary Jesus Crispin Remulla said on Thursday he is planning to meet with Supreme Court (SC) Chief Justice Alexander

Pot ChavezDepartment of Justice Secretary Jesus Crispin Remulla said on Thursday he is planning to meet with Supreme Court Chief Justice Alexander Gesmundo to discuss the judiciary’s alleged links to the case of missing ‘sabungeros.’

In an interview with justice reporters, Remulla emphasized the huge amount of money involved in e-sabong operations such that he would discuss the matter with the chief magistrate.“We will tell him what are the things that are hindering our way through this because the enemy is really heavy because of the money,” he said in Filipino.

Remulla revealed the mastermind personally admitted that the connection of the group reaches up to the SC. While he is hopeful that no local courts are involved, the DOJ chief underscored that police officers and government officials, mostly from Luzon, are also connected with the e-sabong operations.He noted earlier that the disappearance and killing of ‘sabungeros’ involved in so-called ‘tsope’ or those accused of cheating in gambling only began at the height of e-sabong operations in recent years.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

MlaStandard /  🏆 20. in PH

Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Remulla supports appointment of Torre as next PNP chiefRemulla supports appointment of Torre as next PNP chiefInterior Secretary Jonvic Remulla has thrown his support behind newly appointed PNP Chief Major General Nicolas Torre III, calling him a results-oriented
Read more »

Albay first lady gov takes oath before chief justiceAlbay first lady gov takes oath before chief justiceLEGAZPI CITY — After serving for nine months as first woman governor in Albay, vice mayor-elect Baby Glenda Ong-Bongao took her oath before Chief Justice Alexander Gesmundo at the Supreme Court En Banc Session Hall on June 5.
Read more »

CIDG chief Nicolas Torre III is new PNP chiefCIDG chief Nicolas Torre III is new PNP chief(1st UPDATE) Torre will replace outgoing PNP chief Police General Rommel Francisco Marbil, who will retire in the first week of June
Read more »

CIDG chief Torre is new PNP chiefCIDG chief Torre is new PNP chiefPresident Marcos has appointed Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) chief, Police Major General Nicolas Torre III as the new Philippine National...
Read more »

DILG chief supports Torre appointment as PNP chiefDILG chief supports Torre appointment as PNP chiefInterior Secretary Jonvic Remulla expressed full confidence in newly appointed Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief Major General Nicolas Torre III,
Read more »

‘Travesty of justice’: UN rapporteur calls out delay of justice for detained journalist Cumpio‘Travesty of justice’: UN rapporteur calls out delay of justice for detained journalist Cumpio“It’s a travesty of justice because, even if she is found innocent, (Frenchie Mae Cumpio) will have spent almost as much as she would have in prison had she been found guilty,” says United Nations Special Rapporteur Irene Khan
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-08-30 05:24:19