Alphabet's YouTube and Grammy-winning composer Maria Schneider said in a court filing on Sunday that they agreed to dismiss Schneider's San Francisco federal lawsuit accusing the video-sharing site of enabling the piracy of her works. A trial in the copyright infringement case had been set to begin on Mon
Alphabet's YouTube and Grammy-winning composer Maria Schneider said in a court filing on Sunday that they agreed to dismiss Schneider's San Francisco federal lawsuit accusing the video-sharing site of enabling the piracy of her works.
An Alphabet spokesperson on Monday declined to comment on the filing. Attorneys for Schneider did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The complaint said big companies have access to YouTube's advanced Content ID software to scan for and automatically block infringing content, while individual creators are left"out in the cold."In a win for YouTube, U.S. District Judge James Donato last month refused to certify the lawsuit as a class action.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Hong Kong bid to ban protest song spurs fear of Google pulloutAuthorities also asked the court to ban 32 videos of the song on YouTube. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
'I can't possibly drive a sports car to the market': Alex Fong on why he sold his FerrarisOwning a sports car may be a dream for many, but for Hong Kong veteran actor Alex Fong, he's been there and done that. In a recent episode of the YouTube series Girls Wanna Drive, hosted by TVB actress Catherine Chau, Alex took turns driving the Land Rover Defender 90 with her. The 60-year-old also talked about his experience with...
Read more »
Lin Chi-ling retires from showbiz: 'I hope everyone will remember me with black hair'As Lin Chi-ling faces her new role as a mother, she's decided to take a step away from the limelight, possibly forever. In an interview with host Kevin Tsai in the Taiwan talk show The Echo Of Life uploaded to YouTube last Saturday (June 10), Chi-ling revealed that she has no intention to return to showbiz. Kevin, 61, asked the...
Read more »
Hearing for Abe murder suspect cancelled over suspicious objectTOKYO: A pre-trial hearing for the man accused of killing Japan's former prime minister Shinzo Abe was cancelled on Monday (Jun 12) after a suspicious object was delivered to the court, local media said. Nara District Court could not immediately confirm the reports by outlets including public
Read more »
Ukraine says heavy battles going on after first counteroffensive gainsUkrainian and Russian troops have engaged in at least 25 battles in one day in the Donetsk region. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
Lady Gaga seeking to dismiss lawsuit filed by woman who returned her stolen dogsGaga insisted that the woman was part of a conspiracy to steal the animals and so the singer would not pay the US$500,000 reward.
Read more »