The mayor of Sept-Iles, a coastal Quebec city, has declared a local state of emergency. Read more at straitstimes.com.
as wildfires engulf more Canadian provinces, in what is emerging as one of the worst starts to the forest fire season.
Quebec’s Public Security Minister Francois Bonnardel said on Friday afternoon that he had reached out to the federal government to seek the army’s help. Some 30,000 people across Canada are displaced due to forest fires that are burning in nearly all of Canadian provinces. “Alberta, the Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Quebec, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia - they are all experiencing interface wildfires,” he said, referring to fires that have the potential to impact buildings and forest fuel or vegetation simultaneously.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Wildfires spread in eastern Canada, forcing evacuations in coastal QuebecMONTREAL: A coastal city in Quebec ordered about 10,000 residents to evacuate homes on Friday (Jun 2) as wildfires spread in eastern Canada and stretched firefighting resources already tackling blazes across the country. Canada is experiencing one of the worst starts to wildfire season, with forest fires b
Read more »
Canada's Oleksiak to miss July world championships with injuryPenny Oleksiak's return to competition from injury proved short-lived as Canada's most decorated Olympian has now pulled out of the July world aquatics championships in Japan, Swimming Canada said on Thursday.Oleksiak had surgery last August to repair a torn meniscus and competed in last month's Barcelona
Read more »
Canadian pension fund CDPQ puts brakes on China investment - FTCanada's second-largest pension fund Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) has stopped making private deals in China and will close its Shanghai office later this year, the Financial Times reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter.CDPQ is currently leading its regional invest
Read more »
Tennis: 'I am a complete player' says world number one AlcarazPARIS : Spanish world number one Carlos Alcaraz delivered a confident self-assessment in his first Grand Slam as the top seed after booking his fourth round spot on Friday, saying he was the complete article.Alcaraz stormed past Canada's Denis Shapovalov with a 6-1 6-4 6-2 demolition to set up a fourth ro
Read more »
Daily roundup: Man turns East Coast Park pavilion into his 'home', gets 4 days' jail in lieu of fine - and other top stories todayStay in the know with a recap of our top stories today. 1. Man turns East Coast Park pavilion into his 'home', gets 4 days' jail in lieu of fine He'd converted a public rest stop at East Coast Park into his makeshift home, and continued 'living' there despite being caught by authorities several times within a span of months....
Read more »