The Independent Civic Organisation of SA (Icosa) laid a criminal charge on Monday, claiming it contravenes national lockdown regulations.
The Western Cape education department has vowed to continue to roll out its National Food Nutrition Programme , even though the Independent Civic Organisation of SA laid a criminal charge on Monday, claiming it contravenes national lockdown regulations.
“The behaviour of the DA-led provincial government is irresponsible and should be stopped. They are risking exposing the lives of our children to Covid-19,” Kamfer said in a statement. Ensuring an orderly queuing system, preferably in a staggered manner, to reduce the number of pupils arriving at the same time;Ensuring that pupils remain at least 1.5m apart from one another;Providing soap and water for pupils to wash their hands, or hand sanitiser;“I have been overwhelmed by the support we have received from the vast majority of our schools. Staff and volunteers have gone the extra mile to provide meals today, and I offer them my sincere thanks.
The South African Democratic Teachers Union last week also accused the Western Cape government of undermining the president’s plan to limit the spread of Covid-19, as some schools opened on Wednesday to feed vulnerable pupils. “For many of these children, it is the only meal they will receive each day. It is therefore mind-boggling and quite frankly shameful that opposition parties, teacher unions and Cosatu in the province are calling for us to end this important humanitarian effort. The feeding scheme at schools is being conducted with strict adult supervision, social distancing and hygiene protocols in place,” Winde said.
In an open letter to Motshekga, dated Monday, several organisations said this was “not a tenable position”.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Motshekga ‘horrified’ as 183 schools now vandalised, robbed during lockdownMinister of Basic Education Angie Motshekga has expressed her horror at the 'alarming number of schools which have been vandalised and damaged since the Covid-19 lockdown began'.
Read more »
Former champ Geraint Thomas hopes Tour de France goes aheadGeraint Thomas hopes the Tour de France goes ahead this year as the former champion bids to make the most of his peak years.
Read more »
Lockdown looters strike as laptops, e-readers stolen from KZN schoolIn a statement on Monday, KwaZulu-Natal education MEC Kwazi Mshengu said he had learnt that three laptops, a microwave oven, and 50 e-readers were stolen from the eThekwini Primary School.
Read more »
SA lockdown: At least 55 schools vandalised, robbed in GautengThe Gauteng Department of Education says two arrests have been made.
Read more »
Ramaphosa slams criminal exploiting lockdown'That public property is being vandalised while the entire country is experiencing hardship because of the lockdown, is a demonstration of utter disrespect and disregard for the majority of South Africans who are law-abiding'
Read more »
SA Lockdown: Ramaphosa sends stern warning to criminalsPresident Cyril Ramaphosa says it is very unfortunate that criminals are preying on the weak and vulnerable.
Read more »