US, African states race to extend Sudan truce, gunfire still heard

Philippines News News

US, African states race to extend Sudan truce, gunfire still heard
Philippines Latest News,Philippines Headlines
  • 📰 theSundaily
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 38 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 19%
  • Publisher: 51%

At least 512 people have been killed and close to 4,200 wounded since by the fighting since April 15. theSun theSundaily Sudan gunfire WorldNews

Sudanese people, who fled the violence in their country and newly arrived, wait to be registered at the camp near the border between Sudan and Chad//Reuterspix: The United States and African nations were racing to secure an extension of a ceasefire in Sudan today, with the Sudanese army giving an initial nod to an African proposal calling for talks even as fighting continued.

The army late on Wednesday said its leader, General Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, had given initial approval to the plan to extend the truce for another 72 hours and to send an army envoy to the South Sudan capital, Juba, for talks. At least 512 people have been killed and close to 4,200 wounded since by the fighting since April 15.

An estimated 50,000 acutely malnourished children have had treatment disrupted due to the conflict, and those hospitals still functioning are facing shortages of medical supplies, power and water, according to a UN update yesterday. Foreigners evacuated from Khartoum have described bodies littering streets, buildings on fire, residential areas turned into battlefields and youths roaming with large knives.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

theSundaily /  🏆 25. in MY

Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Ops Sudan safely transports 30 Malaysians and 26 others to Port Sudan: ZambryOps Sudan safely transports 30 Malaysians and 26 others to Port Sudan: ZambryZambry also clarifed that the Two Malaysians who were not evacuated, worked for the United Nations Mission in Sudan (UNMIS) in Abyei, hence, their evacuation will be handled by the UN. theSun theSundaily SudanConflict safety evacuation Malaysia
Read more »

Zambry: Special forces safely transport 30 Malaysians and 26 others to Port SudanZambry: Special forces safely transport 30 Malaysians and 26 others to Port SudanPUTRAJAYA, April 25 — All 30 Malaysians stranded in Khartoum, Sudan, successfully arrived at Port Sudan at 2.07pm (8.08pm Malaysia time) yesterday, after a 30-hour journey...
Read more »

All M’sians safely evacuated out of KhartoumAll M’sians safely evacuated out of KhartoumPUTRAJAYA: All 30 Malaysians stranded in Khartoum, Sudan, successfully arrived at Port Sudan at 2.07pm (8.07pm Malaysian time) on Monday, after a 30-hour journey covering a distance of 1,233km.
Read more »

Malaysians have left Port Sudan for Jeddah, says Wisma PutraMalaysians have left Port Sudan for Jeddah, says Wisma PutraPUTRAJAYA: All 30 Malaysians, who were stranded in Sudan’s capital Khartoum, have safely left Port Sudan for Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Read more »

Malaysians in Sudan on the way to JeddahMalaysians in Sudan on the way to JeddahPUTRAJAYA: All 30 Malaysians stranded earlier in Sudan’s capital Khartoum have safely left Port Sudan for Jeddah in Saudi Arabia.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 10:22:17