BEIJING : China's self-developed C919 narrow-body jet is expected to take off from Shanghai on Sunday in its first commercial flight for China Eastern Airlines. The plane, which is designed to compete with Boeing's 737 and Airbus' 320 family of planes, symbolises Beijing's efforts to be more technological
BEIJING : China's self-developed C919 narrow-body jet is expected to take off from Shanghai on Sunday in its first commercial flight for China Eastern Airlines.
Sept. 2009: COMAC unveils a model of the C919 aircraft for the first time at the Asian Aerospace Expo in Hong Kong. May 2014: Chinese President Xi Jinping visits COMAC's offices, says large jets reflect China's national capabilities and urges the development of a competitive aviation industry.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
China Eastern set to operate C919's first commercial flight on SundayBEIJING : China Eastern Airlines, the initial customer for the country's homegrown narrow-body jet C919, will launch the plane's first commercial flight on Sunday, the carrier's app showed on Friday.The C919 flight will take off as flight number MU9191 at 10:45 a.m. Beijing time (0245 GMT) from Shanghai H
Read more »
Beijing steps up response to US chip moves, but economic reality limits how farPresident Xi Jinping’s tools to retaliate are limited by pressures on him to revive China’s economy. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
US State Department warns China could hack infrastructure, including pipelines, rail systemsResearchers found a Chinese hacking group had been spying on such networks. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
Nigel Ng promotes 'The Haiyaa Special' after being cancelled in ChinaNigel Ng promotes 'The Haiyaa Special' after being cancelled in China
Read more »
China can overtake US as world’s biggest economy by 2035: Former IMF deputy chiefBut what is more key is the quality of China’s future economic growth, noted Dr Zhu Min. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
South Korea's Naver says website access disrupted in ChinaSEOUL - South Korean internet giant Naver said on Wednesday (May 24) that access to its website was facing disruptions in China. The company, which operates South Korea's largest web portal and search engine, said it was unsure whether the disruptions were caused by a glitch or were the result of action by authorities in China. 'Access in China appears...
Read more »