DUBAI, March 20 — The UAE’s president yesterday told his Syrian counterpart it was time for diplomatically isolated Damascus to be reintegrated into the wider Arab region...
DUBAI, March 20 — The UAE’s president yesterday told his Syrian counterpart it was time for diplomatically isolated Damascus to be reintegrated into the wider Arab region during a meeting in Abu Dhabi, state media reported.
“Syria has been absent from its brothers for too long, and the time has come for it to return to them and to its Arab surroundings,” Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan told Assad during a meeting at the presidential palace, according to the official WAM news agency. “The UAE’s approach and efforts towards Syria are part of a deeper vision and a broader approach aimed at strengthening Arab and regional stability,” said Emirati senior presidential adviser Anwar Gargash.
During Sunday’s meeting, Assad praised the UAE’s role in strengthening relations between Arab countries, according to a statement by the Syrian presidency. It also comes on the heels of a Chinese-brokered announcement earlier this month to end a seven-year diplomatic rupture between regional powerhouses Iran and Saudi Arabia, who had backed rival sides in Syria’s war.
The UAE had pledged more than US$100 million in assistance to quake-hit Syria, by far the largest sum from any single nation.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
State media: Syrian president Assad arrives in UAE on official visitDUBAI, March 19 —Syrian President Bashar al Assad arrived in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) today for an official visit, accompanied by his wife Asma al Assad, at a time when...
Read more »
Kanada permudah urusan imigresen warga Turkiye dan SyriaKanada memudahkan urusan imigresen untuk warga Turkiye dan Syria yang sudah berada di negara itu, sebulan selepas gempa bumi mengorbankan
Read more »
Malay Proclamation Rally off for now after venue gets cancelled for the second timePETALING JAYA: The 'Malay Proclamation' rally due to be held on Sunday (March 19) involving former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad has been called off for now.
Read more »
Time for PKR to go on the offensive in state polls, says party sec-genSHAH ALAM: It is time for PKR to go on the offensive against Perikatan Nasional in the coming six state elections, says party secretary-general Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail.
Read more »
Malaysia Rail Link: ECRL achieves 10 million man-hours without lost-time injuryKUALA TERENGGANU, March 18 — The East Coast Rail Link (ECRL) project has achieved the milestone of 10 million safe man-hours without any lost-time injury (LTI), according to...
Read more »