New Democrat MPPs concerned the Ontario government has still not stepped up to provide funding for the consumption site at Energy Court
Until the Ontario government steps up and provides funding for the supervised drug consumption site in Sudbury, the burden of paying for that facility will continue to be picked up at the expense of local taxpayers in Sudbury, said Sudbury MPP Jamie West this week.
"We have a huge opioid problem here in Sudbury. It is one we have been talking about for a long time," said West. So far, the City of Greater Sudbury has provided more than $1 million from the municipal treasury. Other donations have included $100,000 from Vale and $30,000 from Wheaton Precious Metals.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
No asbestos found in New Sudbury fire station testsThe New Sudbury fire/paramedic station was built in 1974, and a municipal report cautioned contractors that all drywall joint compound should be ‘considered asbestos-containing’
Read more »
This week in Sudbury.com+: BIG new contest coming soonPlus, go Inside the Village with a new direct way to reach Frisco and Scott
Read more »
MPPs say rainy day fund money must be spent on healthcare soonOntario government 2023 pre-budget consultation held at Delta Hotel
Read more »
Sudbury Burlesque wants to be your ‘Va-Va-Valentine’Bring your love out for a bit of burlesque fun Feb. 9-17
Read more »
Sudbury gas at 154.9 at most stationsBut there could be a price spike coming today
Read more »
Stellar safety record earns provincial award for Sudbury firmNorthern Equipment Rentals & Rigging recognized by Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
Read more »