PONTIAN: The public has been urged to take the necessary measures to stay hydrated during the current hot spell.
Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi, who is also the National Disaster Committee chairman, said the heat wave should be taken seriously.
“We held a meeting with state governments, the Health Ministry and local governments – not only to monitor the situation, but to help those affected by the heat stroke as a result of climate change. “I was told that the Malaysian Meteorological Department forecasts that the hot season will last until mid-May so the rakyat are advised to drink lots of water,” he told reporters.On Tuesday an 11-year-old boy in Kampung Perupok, Bachok, Kelantan died from heat stroke.
The victim, Muhamad Syamil Aqil, died at 9.27am while receiving treatment at a clinic, according to Sinar Harian.The victim’s father, Ahmad Faris Fazli Mohd Nasir, said Nur Imani, who was one year and seven months old, began coughing a week ago and was vomiting. "The post-mortem showed that the cause of death was heat stroke. She was dehydrated and her lungs had shrunk,” Ahmad Faris was quoted as saying by Astro Awani.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Unity govt agrees in principle to provide allocation for Opposition MPs, says DPM ZahidBALING: The unity government has agreed in principle to provide an allocation for Opposition MPs, but only for their administrative expenses, says Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.
Read more »
DPM Zahid: Unity govt agrees in principle to provide allocation for Opposition MPsBALING, April 27 ― The unity government has agreed in principle to provide an allocation for opposition Members of Parliament (MPs), but only for their administrative...
Read more »
Malaysians in Sudan on the way to JeddahPUTRAJAYA: All 30 Malaysians stranded earlier in Sudan’s capital Khartoum have safely left Port Sudan for Jeddah in Saudi Arabia.
Read more »
Malaysians have left Port Sudan for Jeddah, says Wisma PutraPUTRAJAYA: All 30 Malaysians, who were stranded in Sudan’s capital Khartoum, have safely left Port Sudan for Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Read more »