'We want to erase the horrible, traumatic memories and replace them with good ones,' says member of local Flame Protectors group after a light parade for ...
'We want to erase the horrible, traumatic memories and replace them with good ones,' says member of local Flame Protectors group after a light parade for victim SaturdayA group of St. John's area residents held a parade of light Saturday, March 11, in support of the teenage victim of an attempted murder outside Prince of Wales Collegiate two days earlier, and in a rally against school violence.
The group was organized via Facebook by Karla Haley, a local woman who doesn’t personally know the young victim nor his family but was horrified by the attack and wanted to send them love. If something good can come from this, the woman said, she hopes it’s some sort of healing, and the message that the community won’t tolerate violence in schools.
On Monday, 18-year-old Tyler Greening of Paradise was also charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault, assault with a weapon and being an accessory to attempted murder after the fact — by helping the first accused escape, according to court documents. He appeared in court in person and will remain in custody until his scheduled bail hearing on Thursday.
Education Minister John Haggie stressed in the province’s House of Assembly the attack happened outside the school building.“From the point of view of policy and security, the school integrity was not breached.” Anyone with information who doesn’t want to get involved in the investigation can provide an anonymous report by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS , visiting nlcrimestoppers.com, or by using the P3Tips app.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
SaltWire Today: Your online Halifax newscast | SaltWireYour online Halifax newscast for March 13, 2023.
Read more »
Second person arrested in attack of student at Prince of Wales Collegiate in St. John's | SaltWireAn 18-year-old male has been charged with being an accessory after the fact in the attack of a youth outside of Prince of Wales Collegiate last week. More to come.
Read more »
Scream VI tops box office with franchise-best $44.5-million openingCreed III slides to second in its second weekend, earning $27.1-million
Read more »
PODCAST: Richmond’s Troy Stecher, former Canuck - Terrace StandardMOJ on Sports: The defenseman now a Calgary Flame after recent trade with Arizona
Read more »
Shelburne County Special Olympian captures snowshoeing gold wearing boot cast | SaltWireBARRINGTON, N.S. — A boot cast didn’t stop Shelburne County Special Olympian Nikitia Penney from winning two gold medals at the Special Olympics Nova ...
Read more »
Charlie Campbell Memorial Hockey Tournament this weekend in Glace Bay | SaltWireGLACE BAY, N.S. - The annual Charlie Campbell Memorial Hockey Tournament will take place this weekend in Glace Bay. The three-day tournament will feature ...
Read more »