Prince Andrew stayed with the billionaire pedophile even after he became a convicted criminal
on Thursday, the duke faced questions about his links with the disgraced financier who was found dead in a New York jail cell in August.To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that
Andrew had been photographed with the Epstein in Central Park after the businessman had been convicted for the prostitution of minors in 2010.The duke said his ongoing relationship with Epstein, following his release from an 18-month prison term, ‘let the side down’ for the royal family.
The Duke of York also claimed in the interview that he has ‘no recollection’ of meeting the woman who said she was forced to have a sexual encounter with him at the age of 17. Virginia Giuffre is one of 16 women who say they were abused by Epstein and has previously claimed in court that she was forced to have sex with the duke.The Duke of York was grilled during the interview filmed at Buckingham Palace
Presenter Emily Maitlis probed the duke over claims made by Mrs Giuffre that ‘she met you in 2001, she says she dined with you, danced with you at Tramp Nightclub in London. She went on to have sex with you in a house in Belgravia’.Mrs Giuffre’s allegations were struck from US civil court records in 2015 after a judge said they were ‘immaterial and impertinent’.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Prince Andrew gives BBC world exclusive 'no holds barred' interview over Jeffrey EpsteinPRINCE Andrew has faced questions for the first time in a 'world exclusive' interview with the BBC about his relationship with paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
Read more »
Prince Andrew to be quizzed on Epstein in Newsnight specialBBC to broadcast ‘no holds barred’ interview with royal on Saturday night
Read more »
Prince Andrew says he 'kicks himself' for staying pals with paedo EpsteinGROVELLING Prince Andrew has apologised for his friendship with paedophile Jeffrey Epstein and admitted: “I let the side down.” The Duke tells a BBC Newsnight interview, shown tomorrow night, how h…
Read more »
TV tonight: Prince Andrew quizzed on Epstein in a Newsnight specialThe BBC is holding the first interview with the Prince since Epstein’s controversial death. Plus: a courtroom climax for Spiral. Here’s what to watch this evening
Read more »
Prince Andrew says he ‘let the side down’ over friendship with convicted paedophile Epstein‘I let the side down’: Prince Andrew admits friendship with paedophile Epstein inappropriate
Read more »