Sr. Comr. Donny Charles Go, spokesperson for the Cartenz Peace Operation, said the shots tore holes in the plane but that there had been no injuries.
“A joint Indonesian Military [TNI]-National Police team have secured the area. The plane has returned to Timika [in the provincial capital of Mimika],” Donny told Tempo. Airport authorities secured the plane’s pilot, identified as Jonatan, after the incident.
On Feb 7, the OPM’s armed wing, the West Papua National Liberation Army , attacked a Susi Air aircraft and captured New Zealand national pilot Phillip Mehrtens and several Indonesian passengers shortly after the plane landed at an airstrip in Nduga, Papua Highlands province.The group, led by Egianus Kogoya, has demanded that Jakarta recognise Papuan independence in return for Mehrtens’ release. It has also sought to use the ongoing hostage crisis to internationalise its cause.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Late assistant minister Darius Binion’s widow not satisfied with ‘Double Six’ plane crash reportKOTA KINABALU, April 12 — Datin Jikilin Binion, the 88-year-old widow of the late state assistant minister Datuk Darius Binion who was one of the 11 passengers killed in a...
Read more »
'Double Six' plane crash: No objection to Aussie govt releasing their report, says Transport MinisterPUTRAJAYA: Malaysia has no objection for the Australian authorities to release their report on the “Double Six” plane crash that killed 11 people including the then Sabah chief minister, says Transport Minister Anthony Loke.
Read more »
'Double Six' plane crash: Declassified report did not provide answers, say victims’ familiesKOTA KINABALU: Families of the victims of Sabah's 'Double Six' tragedy are still seeking answers to what happened on June 6, 1976, even though the Malaysian government had declassified the crash report on Wednesday (April 12).
Read more »
'Double Six' plane crash: No objection to Aussie govt releasing their report, says Transport MinisterPUTRAJAYA: Malaysia has no objection for the Australian authorities to release their report on the “Double Six” plane crash that killed 11 people including the then Sabah chief minister, says Transport Minister Anthony Loke.
Read more »
Aussie report on crash could be out soon, tooPUTRAJAYA: The Australian authorities’ report on the “Double Six” plane crash could also be released soon.
Read more »
Tiada gerhana matahari hibrid berlaku di Malaysia Khamis depanGerhana hibrid melibatkan anulus dan penuh dapat dilihat sebahagian barat Australia, Timor-Leste, wilayah Papua Barat dan Papua di Indonesia
Read more »