A Paris police department spokesperson said that the planned demonstration on the Place de la Republique had been banned over risks to public order.
A Paris police department spokesperson said that the planned demonstration on the Place de la Republique had been banned over risks to public order, citing a"context of tensions" after the recent unrest on French streets.
French police have come under renewed scrutiny following the June 27 shooting by a police officer of Nahel M at a traffic stop. The teenager was driving a sports car without a licence. But this had already been banned by the local prefect, citing an elevated risk to public order and security, only days after France was shaken by nationwide riots.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Mbappe 'honoured' to tour father's native CameroonYAOUNDE (Reuters) - Paris St Germain forward Kylian Mbappe is touring his father's native Cameroon for the first time this week as doubts swirl over his future at the French club.
Read more »
Kejohanan Olahraga Para Dunia 2023: Jonathan Wong sasar penamat 3 teratasJonathan yang merupakan anak kepada usahawan dan pemaju hartanah terkenal, Datuk Susan Wong Siew Guen kini menduduki tempat kelima dunia dan kemenangan di Paris akan menyaksikannya naik ke kedudukan nombor satu.
Read more »
Japan marks a year since former PM Abe was gunned downTOKYO (Reuters) - Japan on Saturday marked one year since former prime minister Shinzo Abe was gunned down during an election speech by a man angry at his links to the Unification Church.
Read more »
Ninth water surge tragedy victim buried in Batu PahatBATU PAHAT: The remains of Muhammad Fikri Saliman - the ninth victim of the water surge tragedy at Jeram Air Putih, Kemaman, Terengganu - on Saturday (July 1), were buried at the Muslim Cemetery in Kampung Parit Kuda in Semerah on Saturday (July 8) morning.
Read more »