A clarification of last Friday\u0027s emergency alert issued by the provincial police agency was issued Tuesday.
OPP launched a massive manhunt in Beckwith Township on Friday, including aviation, tactical and canine units plus the Emergency Response Team. Three schools were locked down, including one in Beckwith township and two in the Sharbot Lake area.Sign up to receive daily headline news from Ottawa Citizen, a division of Postmedia Network Inc.By clicking on the sign up button you consent to receive the above newsletter from Postmedia Network Inc.
During the investigation into the stolen vehicle, Lanark OPP received information that two additional men, armed with a handgun, had been in the area of the Beckwith Recreation Complex on the 9th Line.An initial search began. The men were believed to be at large in Lanark County or Sharbot Lake. In the interest of public safety, the OPP posted warnings on social media.Article contentare only issued when there is an ongoing, urgent and significant threat to life, police said.
While the investigation indicated the situation no longer met the criteria for a public safety alert, “the two individuals named in the alert continue to have outstanding warrants for their arrest in relation to other incidents. If you see these individuals, do not approach them,” OPP said. “They are wanted. They do have a violent history. Don’t approach them if you see them. Call police right away,” Cranton said.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
OPP 'clarifies' use of emergency alert in eastern Ontario FridayOntario Provincial Police are justifying their use of an emergency alert Friday that told residents in Lanark County and Sharbot Lake in eastern Ontario to shelter in place because of armed men, despite the fact that no armed men were ever found.
Read more »
COVID-19: One new death in twice-weekly Ottawa Public Health updateCOVID\u002D19 in Ottawa (Reported Tuesday, last update Friday)
Read more »
OPP launch death investigation in Norfolk County | Globalnews.ca'There is believed to be no threat to public safety,' Norfolk County OPP said in a statement Sunday afternoon. The investigation is ongoing.
Read more »
Sudden death investigation launched in Elgin County, OPP say - London | Globalnews.caOn Saturday, police responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle parked at the On Route Service Centre, on the Eastbound Highway 401, in the municipality of Dutton-Dunwich.
Read more »
OPP discover vehicle overflowing with beer cans during RIDE checkA 61\u002Dyear\u002Dold man is facing drunk driving charges
Read more »