NSW has recorded no new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 on the first full day of restrictions introduced for Greater Sydney after two community transmission infections were detected earlier this week.
NSW has recorded no new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8:00pm last night.
A 50-year-old man and his wife tested positive for a strain of COVID-19 that was matched with a returned traveller at the Park Royal Hotel in Darling Harbour but how they became infected is still unknown.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
GREATER SYDNEY RESTRICTIONS EXTENDED: Zero cases as NSW extends COVID-19 controls | Sky News AustraliaCoronavirus restrictions in the Greater Sydney region have been extended until May 17 even though no further cases have been recorded after the two initial mystery infections.\n\nNew South Wales has recorded zero new locally acquired infections for the third consecutive day but authorities argue the week extension of restrictions is an important safety precaution.\n\nRestrictions must be obeyed by residents of the Greater Sydney region, Wollongong, the Central Coast and the Blue Mountains and include a 20-visitor limit for households and a two-visitor limit at aged care facilities.\n\nDrinking while standing in addition to singing and dancing has been banned at indoor venues and the mask mandate will remain in place for public transport. \n\nWhile restrictions have been extended in NSW, the travel bubble with New Zealand will resume due to the fact no new infections have been recorded . \n
Read more »
Greater Sydney extends COVID-19 restrictions as no new local cases recordedCOVID-19 restrictions will remain until May 17 across Greater Sydney, while contact tracers scramble to identify how a man in his 50s contracted the virus. It comes as NSW records no new locally acquired cases.
Read more »
NSW records zero new local COVID-19 cases but missing link is still unclearMask wearing is back in Greater Sydney after a mystery COVID case involving a Sydney man, but the NSW premier says she's pleased with the current situation.
Read more »
NSW premier warns more local COVID-19 cases are likely after Sydney man tests positiveGladys Berejiklian says it is too early to say if NSW's coronavirus-related restrictions need to be tightened after a mystery case popped up in Sydney's east.
Read more »