PUTRAJAYA: The Immigration Department will cooperate fully with all relevant agencies on investigations into its own enforcement officers who were arrested for allegedly conspiring with a syndicate to smuggle undocumented migrants from the Phillipines to Peninsular Malaysia.
Its director-general Datuk Ruslin Jusoh confirmed that several personnel were arrested by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission during the Ops Lancar in Tawau last week.
Ruslin said as one of the enforcement agencies responsible for guarding the border, the issue of integrity among officers was important."Therefore, I stress to every officer to obey the rules. The MACC uncovered the ruse by the group, which had been operating from Sabah’s east coast Tawau district.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Immigration cripples illegal gambling syndicate, 15 nabbedPUTRAJAYA: The Immigration Department has crippled an illegal gambling syndicate with the arrests of 12 men and three women.
Read more »
Johor seeking Putrajaya's help to set up China visa processing centreKULAI: Johor is hoping to open a China visa processing centre in the state to ease travellers' application process, says state tourism, environment, heritage and culture committee chairman K Raven Kumar.
Read more »
Johor hopes Putrajaya greenlights China visa application centre in stateKULAI, March 29 — Johor intends to have a visa-processing centre for visitors from China, following an increase in travellers after the reopening of international borders last...
Read more »
Quota of close to a million foreign workers approved by Putrajaya, Dewan Rakyat toldKUALA LUMPUR: As of March 14, the Human Resources Ministry has approved an employment quota of 995,396 foreign workers, the Dewan Rakyat heard.
Read more »
Quota of close to a million foreign workers approved by Putrajaya, Dewan Rakyat toldAs of March 14, the Human Resources Ministry has approved an employment quota of 995,396 foreign workers, its deputy minister told the Dewan Rakyat. He said the levy for 84.7% of the foreign workers was paid by their respective employers. Read more at
Read more »
Penang in discussions with Putrajaya to fund its Bayan Lepas LRT projectGEORGE TOWN, March 30 — The Penang state government has put a request for a proposal (RFP) exercise for its Bayan Lepas Light Rail Transit (BLLRT) project on hold pending...
Read more »