Mobile phone detail revealed as rollercoaster victim’s case heard in court

Philippines News News

Mobile phone detail revealed as rollercoaster victim’s case heard in court
Philippines Latest News,Philippines Headlines
  • 📰 7NewsMelbourne
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 63 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 29%
  • Publisher: 59%

A Victorian woman recovering from horrific injuries sustained when she was hit by a ride at the Melbourne Royal Show has had her theft-related charges withdrawn. 7NEWS

Rodden had been accused of stealing a Samsung mobile phone valued at $1000 on August 5, 2021, and committing an indictable offence while on bail.Rodden, 26, remains in a serious condition in hospital after the September 24 incident in which she is believed to have walked onto the track of the Rebel Coaster ride to retrieve her phone when she was struck by a moving carriage.She spent weeks in an induced coma.

A hospital spokesperson recently told 7NEWS.com.au Rodden was now in a serious but stable condition after being brought out of the medically-induced coma at the end of last year.Alan Rodden said his daughter had suffered “horrific” injuries that shocked the doctors.who were already dealing with the loss of her brother just months before.Eyewitness accounthe was filming the ride with his sister and his partner in the front carriage when it came around a loop and struck Rodden.

“It all happened so quickly but so slowly. All of a sudden, I saw someone getting taken up but at the same time I’m thinking ‘f***, my sister, my partner.” Melbourne Royal Show CEO Brad Jenkins described the crash as a “tragic accident” and said his thoughts were with the young woman’s family and friends.

“It is a tragic accident and, from our understanding, there was a mobile phone at the base of the Rebel Coaster that she dropped on the ride and she went back to recover the mobile phone,” he said.“It is an extreme rollercoaster which is a lot of fun generally, but this was a tragic accident that shouldn’t have happened.”“This is a tragic accident, not a malfunction of a ride, so I can assure people that the rides are entirely safe,” he said.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

7NewsMelbourne /  🏆 18. in AU

Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Reserve Bank warned over interest rate hikes as Victorian home approvals fall - realestate.com.auReserve Bank warned over interest rate hikes as Victorian home approvals fall - realestate.com.auThe bankers behind Australia’s interest rate hikes have been warned they might have gone too far after Victoria recorded worrying approval numbers
Read more »

Search scaled back for man missing for five days in rough surf off Victorian coastSearch scaled back for man missing for five days in rough surf off Victorian coastThe search for a missing swimmer who vanished in rough surf off Victoria’s coast five days ago has been scaled back. 7NEWS
Read more »

Where Victorian homeowners have won the property lottery over past five years - realestate.com.auWhere Victorian homeowners have won the property lottery over past five years - realestate.com.auThe Victorian suburbs and towns where homeowners have struck it rich if they bought more than five years ago have been revealed. SEE THE LIST
Read more »

Two Victorian players watched by millions in US college football's biggest game of the seasonTwo Victorian players watched by millions in US college football's biggest game of the seasonBrett Thorson and Jordy Sandy grew up within an hour of each other in Gippsland. Now they have had the 'absolutely wild' experience of playing in one of American football's biggest events.
Read more »

Victorian prisoners denied parole due to lack of accomodation during housing crisisVictorian prisoners denied parole due to lack of accomodation during housing crisisTaxpayers could save more than $25m a year if parole granted, says peak body on homeless, urging more be spent on social housing
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 15:26:40