Men charged with raft of offences after gunpoint arrest in Hungry Jack's drive-through near Darwin

Philippines News News

Men charged with raft of offences after gunpoint arrest in Hungry Jack's drive-through near Darwin
Philippines Latest News,Philippines Headlines
  • 📰 abcnews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 28 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 14%
  • Publisher: 83%

NT Police alleged one of the men had breached parole and threatened residents at a home with a crossbow and shotgun before the dramatic arrest in Coolalinga last week.

Copy linkTwo men arrested at gunpoint by plain-clothed police in a dramatic operation at a Darwin fast food drive-through have been charged with a string of alleged offences.Footage of their dramatic arrest was shared widely on social mediaThe men, aged 30 and 31, were arrested on Thursday last week by officers from the serious crime and tactical policing squads in Coolalinga, on Darwin's outskirts, in a stand-off captured on video by members of the public.

The 30-year-old man, who police said had been the target of the operation, has been charged with 20 alleged offences, including seven counts of aggravated assault, two of dangerous driving and criminal damage and one charge of going armed in public. Police allege the 30-year-old man threatened residents at a home in Gray with a crossbow and shotgun.

Police last week said officers were out of uniform to avoid escalating the alleged offender's behaviour and used beanbag rounds, tasers and capsicum spray in the arrest.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

abcnews /  🏆 5. in AU

Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Jack Ma to give up control of China’s Ant Group, firm saysJack Ma to give up control of China’s Ant Group, firm saysBillionaire Chinese businessman has rarely been seen in public since criticising regulators’ attitude to tech companies two years ago
Read more »

Billionaire Jack Ma gives up control of Ant GroupBillionaire Jack Ma gives up control of Ant GroupJack Ma was once hailed in China as a model of success, but he faced increasing trouble with the Chinese government, especially after he criticised the banking regulators.
Read more »

Alibaba billionaire Jack Ma to give up control of China’s Ant GroupAlibaba billionaire Jack Ma to give up control of China’s Ant GroupChinese tech billionaire Jack Ma will give up control of Ant Group after a Communist Party crackdown on the country's tech sector.
Read more »

Iran executes men detained amid nationwide protestsIran executes men detained amid nationwide protestsThe latest executions bring to four the number of protesters officially known to have been executed in the aftermath of the unrest.
Read more »

Why some young men idolise Andrew Tate, and young women are disgustedWhy some young men idolise Andrew Tate, and young women are disgustedThe social media influencer, former kickboxer and alleged human trafficker was searched more on Google than Kim Kardashian one month last year.
Read more »

Four Indian men die in a road accident in Victoria; three were not wearing seatbeltsFour Indian men die in a road accident in Victoria; three were not wearing seatbeltsOn 4 January, four Indian men were killed in a car accident in Shepparton, north of Melbourne. According to Victoria Police, a Peugeot car collided with a Toyota Hilux ute at an intersection on Pine Lodge North Road at about 4:45pm (local time). Two other men were also injured in the collision.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 01:36:15