March 1 hearing set for Guan Eng trial to hear application to obtain WhatsApp conversations
Former Penang chief minister Lim Guan Eng’s lawyer Gobind Singh Deo says he wanta to get a copy of the notes of proceedings from the Shah Alam Court because it will prove a witness is not telling the truth. – The Malaysian Insight file pic, February 15, 2023.
Judge Azura Alwi set the date after Guan Eng’s lawyer, Gobind Singh Deo, informed the court that the defence was applying for the notes of proceedings on a fraud case involving Gnanaraja at the Shah Alam Sessions Court to support its application. Deputy Public Prosecutor Wan Shaharuddin Wan Ladin did not object to the application to postpone today’s proceedings.
“Both cases involve the same witness and the same payment voucher and cheque. Therefore, we need to get a copy of the notes of proceedings from the Shah Alam Court because this witness is not telling the truth,” Gobind said.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Guan Eng’s Penang undersea tunnel corruption case postponed to March 1KUALA LUMPUR: The hearing of former Penang chief minister Lim Guan Eng’s Penang undersea tunnel corruption case has been adjourned to March 1 for the defence to adduce the notes of proceedings from another court case about a RM2mil payment.
Read more »
Guan Eng awaiting court's greenlight to obtain 'RM2m' messagesGobind says their contention is witnesses not telling the truth.
Read more »
Guan Eng mohon nota keterangan kes lain di Shah AlamPihak pembelaan menyatakan 'Coklat RM2 juta' bukan untuk Guan Eng, 62, sebaliknya untuk 'Big Boss' yang dirujuk sebagai 'Perdana Menteri' ketika itu.
Read more »
Judge pauses Guan Eng’s trial on proposed Penang undersea tunnel pending notes from another court caseKUALA LUMPUR, Feb 15 — The trial of Lim Guan Eng for the Penang undersea tunnel project at the Sessions Court here has been suspended today so that the defence can get notes from...
Read more »
Tenders for Sungai Melaka project replacement contractor to open in MarchMELAKA, Feb 14 — Tenders to appoint a third replacement contractor to complete a part of phase two of the Sungai Melaka Cleanup and Beautification Project under Package One is...
Read more »
Hit series 'Ted Lasso' Season 3 to return on March 15'Ted Lasso' won seven Emmy Awards for its debut season, and four more last year for its sophomore effort, including back-to-back wins for Outstanding Comedy Series.
Read more »