KUALA LUMPUR: The investigation paper (IP) on the alleged extortion of a Chinese tourist last week has been referred to the deputy public prosecutor.
Acting City police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Yahaya Othman said police have recorded the statements of seven people to assist in the investigation."We have completed the probe and referred the IP to the DPP on Monday .
"We are waiting for instructions to take further action on the matter," he told a press conference after launching the safe drive and safe home campaign at police headquarters here on Tuesday . It was reported that police investigations began after a Chinese tourist took to the social media to claim that she was extorted by a policeman, in a video clip, which also showed a policeman conducting an inspection near the Memorial Tunku Abdul Rahman signboard at Bulatan Datuk Onn here.In a TikTok video, a Chinese national has claimed that she had been extorted for money by the Malaysian cops after she failed to produce her passport.
Snippets of the video showed the police stop but it was cut off after the officer asked for identification.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
DAP lawmaker claims Muhyiddin was silent about China's SEA claim as PMKUALA LUMPUR, April 9 — DAP lawmaker Howard Lee today accused Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin of playing
Read more »
In Balakong, 'ketuk-ketuk' tradition sees youths wake neighbours for 'sahur' with drums and chantsKUALA LUMPUR, April 10 — For most Muslims, waking up for
Read more »