Susan Boyle didn't think she'd perform again after suffering a stroke last year. The 62-year-old singer returned to the Britain's Got Talent (BGT) stage on Sunday (June 4), 14 years after she first appeared on the show. Joining the cast of Les Miserables to perform I Dreamed A Dream, Boyle revealed to hosts Ant and Dec afterwards that she'd had...
The 62-year-old singer returned to the Britain's Got Talent stage on Sunday , 14 years after she first appeared on the show.
Joining the cast of Les Miserables to perform I Dreamed A Dream, Boyle revealed to hosts Ant and Dec afterwards that she'd had a medical scare last year that left her thinking she'd be "crazy" to get back on stage again. Dec, known as Declan Donnelly, said: "Susan, it is so lovely to see you, welcome. It's hard to believe that you appeared on this show in 2009, 14 years ago."It's extra special for me actually, last April there, I suffered a minor stroke and I thought it'd be crazy to be back on stage and I have done it."
Susan previously revealed she goes on so few days, her team feared she had been "kidnapped" when she went out for lunch with a man she'd met in the US. Asked if she ever dates, she told Britain's OK! magazine: "You mean go with fellas? No, youngsters may be able to do it but I haven't got the time."I had a date in America six years ago which lasted exactly 45 minutes."I didn't tell anyone and my team thought I'd been kidnapped. They were really panicking because I had a show that night."She said: "The guy was nice, but he wasn't for me.