In Hurricane Ian’s wake, dangers persist, worsen in parts – Terrace Standard

Philippines News News

In Hurricane Ian’s wake, dangers persist, worsen in parts – Terrace Standard
Philippines Latest News,Philippines Headlines
  • 📰 TerraceStandard
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 49 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 23%
  • Publisher: 68%

In Hurricane Ian’s wake, dangers persist, worsen in parts

carved a path of destruction from Florida to the Carolinas, the dangers persisted, and even worsened in some places. It was clear the road to recovery from this monster storm will be long and painful.with rain Sunday, and officials warned of the potential for severe flooding along its coast, with a coastal flood warning in effect Monday.

At least 68 people have been confirmed dead: 61 in Florida, four in North Carolina and three in Cuba. Flooded roadways and washed-out bridges to barrier islands left many people isolated amid limited cellphone service and a lack of basic amenities such as water, electricity and the internet. Officials warned that the situation in many areas isn’t expected to improve for several days because the rain that fell has nowhere to go because waterways are overflowing.

Still, recovery will take time, said Criswell, who visited the state Friday and Saturday to assess the damage and talk to survivors. She cautioned that dangers remain with downed power lines in standing water. The state will build a temporary traffic passageway for the largest one, Pine Island, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Sunday, adding that an allocation had been approved for Deportment of Transportation to build it this week and construction could start as soon as Monday.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

TerraceStandard /  🏆 24. in CA

Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Dozens dead from Ian, one of strongest, costliest US storms – Terrace StandardDozens dead from Ian, one of strongest, costliest US storms – Terrace StandardAt least 30 people were confirmed dead, including 27 in Florida
Read more »

Photos show the scale of devastation left by IanPhotos show the scale of devastation left by IanBefore and after side-by-side comparison aerial images of Florida show the scale of the devastation in the wake of Hurricane Ian.
Read more »

Photos show the scale of devastation left by IanPhotos show the scale of devastation left by IanBefore and after side-by-side comparison aerial images of Florida show the scale of the devastation in the wake of Hurricane Ian.
Read more »

Photos show the scale of devastation left by IanPhotos show the scale of devastation left by IanBefore and after side-by-side comparison aerial images of Florida show the scale of the devastation in the wake of Hurricane Ian.
Read more »

Photos show the scale of devastation left by IanPhotos show the scale of devastation left by IanBefore and after side-by-side comparison aerial images of Florida show the scale of the devastation in the wake of Hurricane Ian.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 13:35:40