First full marathon since 2019 will include runner in rhino suit

Philippines News News

First full marathon since 2019 will include runner in rhino suit
Philippines Latest News,Philippines Headlines
  • 📰 timescolonist
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 52 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 24%
  • Publisher: 75%

Brad Schroder, a 49-year-old South African conservation worker, runs marathons all over the world to fundraise for Save the Rhino,

It’s going to be a jungle out there Sunday on the Royal Victoria Marathon route, at least for one of the participants.

The plan is for the so-called Running Rhinos to complete runs on all seven continents, with Sunday’s appearance in Victoria to take care of the North American leg. That will leave only a jaunt in Antarctica scheduled for next March to complete the quest. The outfit isn’t built for speed, with finishing times for the costumed runner ranging from five hours and 45 minutes to six hours and 15 minutes. “It’s a very slow-going event for me,” Schroder said.

Last year’s marathon weekend featured only half-marathon and 8K events, and 2020 had no events at all. Full road closures begin Saturday at 10 a.m. on Belleville from Oswego to Government and on Menzies from Belleville to Quebec. Those closures will continue until 6 p.m. Sunday. It all gets underway at 6:30 a.m. to give an early start to marathoners, who are expected to take from five-and-a-half to seven hours to complete the course. Next is the 8K at 7:15 a.m., the half-marathon and the rest of the marathon field at 8 a.m. and the Kids Run at 11 a.m.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

timescolonist /  🏆 15. in CA

Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Lawyer: Brad Pitt will keep responses to abuse account in courtLawyer: Brad Pitt will keep responses to abuse account in courtBrad Pitt\u0027s lawyer said Thursday that he will continue to respond in court to allegations from ex\u002Dwife Angelina Jolie.
Read more »

Brad Pitt’s Lawyer Responds To ‘Personal Attack And Misrepresentation’ Following Angelina Jolie’s Legal ClaimsBrad Pitt’s Lawyer Responds To ‘Personal Attack And Misrepresentation’ Following Angelina Jolie’s Legal ClaimsBrad Pitt's attorney is responding to Angelina Jolie's abuse claims she alleged in legal documents filed Tuesday in L.A. court. In a statement to ET, the 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood' star's lawyer, Anne Kiley, says the actor 'has owned [up to] everything he's responsible for from day one -- unlike the other side --…
Read more »

Lawyer: Pitt will keep responses to abuse account in courtLawyer: Pitt will keep responses to abuse account in courtBrad Pitt's lawyer said Thursday that he will continue to respond in court to allegations from ex-wife Angelina Jolie that he abused her and choked one of their children on a flight in 2016, saying he has taken responsibility for his actual actions but not aspects of her story that are not true.
Read more »

Downtown Victoria road closures expected for marathonDowntown Victoria road closures expected for marathonCommuters should expect road closures in Victoria and Oak Bay this weekend as thousands participate in the Royal Victoria Marathon. The event, which starts early Sunday morning, includes a full marathon, half marathon, eight-kilometre run and a kids' run.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 19:55:31