Families forced out of homes near site of Ottawa blast

Philippines News News

Families forced out of homes near site of Ottawa blast
Philippines Latest News,Philippines Headlines
  • 📰 ctvottawa
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 39 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 19%
  • Publisher: 67%

The massive explosion that took out homes under construction in an east Ottawa neighbourhood damaged homes nearby, forcing families to escape early Monday morning with nothing but they clothes they were wearing. ottnews

"We were sleeping and then a loud crash and then we wake up," he said."The ceiling's kind of fallen down on us. Our whole back of our house is just gone.""I got the ceiling off of us, got my wife and baby out, I scooped the dog and then grabbed my other son whose bedroom is in the front of the house," he said.

The Pepins say they don't know yet the extent of the damage to their brand new homes. Right now, they're taking solace in each other's company. Mariam Pepin had moved to the neighbourhood near the blast site just last week, living next door to her sister Maxence. The explosion was a terrifying moment for residents all around the neighbourhood, but for Sanah Hanan, it immediately made her think of family affected by the earthquake that struck Turkiye and Syria.

The Hanans are one of many families displaced by the blast. They went to the Minto Sales Office that was opened for affected families who now need food and shelter and place to reunite. Sanah's daughter Hanin says the explosion made her family's nightmare feel more real.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

ctvottawa /  🏆 29. in CA

Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Russian ambassador claims Canada a 'very dangerous country' to visitRussian ambassador claims Canada a 'very dangerous country' to visitOTTAWA — Russia’s ambassador in Ottawa claims Canada is unsafe for his compatriots to visit.
Read more »

Gas leak explosion takes out homes under construction in east OttawaGas leak explosion takes out homes under construction in east OttawaA gas leak at an east Ottawa construction site caused a large explosion Monday morning, emergency officials say.
Read more »

Ottawa explosion levels multiple homes under constructionOttawa explosion levels multiple homes under constructionSeveral houses under construction in east Ottawa have been destroyed in a large explosion.
Read more »

Gas leak explosion destroys multiple homes under construction in OttawaGas leak explosion destroys multiple homes under construction in OttawaOne man taken to hospital, eight people are being assessed for injuries
Read more »

Explosion takes out homes under construction in east OttawaExplosion takes out homes under construction in east OttawaA gas leak at an east Ottawa construction site caused a large explosion Monday morning, emergency officials say.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 20:24:54