A former Brampton firefighter looked grim-faced Friday as the Crown upgraded his charge from second- to first-degree murder for allegedly killing his 40-year-old wife whose death has sent shock waves through the Collingwood-area ski country.
Last month, the OPP responded to a single-vehicle crash near Collingwood on Arrowhead Road, south of Highway 26. The vehicle left the roadway, rolled down an embankment and burst into flames.
The OPP has not said how the mother of two young children died. But witnesses saw forensic officers at the couple’s home for days. “It will be difficult not to to my mom or dad but I understand,” Schwalm replied in zoom remand court wearing an orange jumpsuit and sitting in a jailhouse video room. The couple, who lived in Collingwood, have been described as active and well-liked in the community. The family are members of the private Craigleith Ski Club, where they married in a lavish ceremony in 2012.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
New $265M EV Battery Enclosure Facility Coming to Brampton This YearOntario's automotive sector just got a strong infusion of funding, bringing new EV infrastructure and more than 550 new jobs. MagnaInt | realestate realestatenews Ontario electricvehicles Brampton
Read more »
Brampton man, woman facing 15 charges after shootingA shooting investigation in Brampton has led to numerous weapon\u002Drelated charges against a man and a woman.
Read more »
Magna announces Ontario expansion, new Brampton facility - constructconnect.com - Daily Commercial NewsBRAMPTON, ONT. - Magna is announcing it is putting more than $470 million into bolstering its Ontario operations, including an electric vehicle battery enclosure facility northwest of Toronto. The company says the new operation in Brampton, Ont., as well
Read more »
Crown acknowledges that sentence of N.B. Mountie killer should be reducedNew Brunswick man who fatally shot three Mounties to have parole eligibility reduced from 75 years to 25 years
Read more »
Crown acknowledges that sentence of N.B. Mountie killer should be reducedFREDERICTON — Crown prosecutors have formally acknowledged that the sentence for a New Brunswick man who fatally shot three Mounties must be amended so he can…
Read more »
Crown acknowledges sentence of Moncton Mountie killer should be reducedCrown prosecutors have formally acknowledged that the sentence for a New Brunswick man who fatally shot three Mounties must be amended so he can apply for parole after serving 25 years.
Read more »