South Africa’s state-owned power utility said it had to implement a higher level of power cuts due to increased demand.
Eskom will implement stage 4 load-shedding from 10:00 on Friday, the state-owned power utility has announced.The company said the increase was due to “higher than anticipated demand”.
Previously, Eskom planned to implement stage 2 load-shedding during the day between 05:00 and 16:00, followed by stage 4 overnight.that it expected electricity demand to increase towards the weekend.“We would like to thank those who do heed the call to use electricity sparingly and efficiently, including switching off geysers and pool pumps from 17:00 to 21:00,” the state-owned power utility said.
“This lowers demand and helps in alleviating the pressure on the power system and contributes to lower stages of load-shedding.” In addition to increased demand, Eskom has struggled to return broken-down generating units to service. On Wednesday, it said there were delays in returning to service a generating unit each at Kendal, Kriel, Matla, and two generating units at Tutuka power station.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Eskom has 6 ‘barriers’ to prevent a total blackout in South AfricaExperts say that a total blackout in South Africa is highly unlikely, even though you can never rule out the possibility.
Read more »
South Africa: Koeberg Nuclear Power Station Refurbishment Delayed - South African News Briefs - July 19, 2023
Read more »
South Africa: Putin Not Coming to South Africa For BRICS Summit - PresidencyVladimir Putin, the president of Russia, won't be attending the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) Summit in Johannesburg in August, the presidency said.
Read more »
ANC does not benefit from keeping Eskom state-owned: GordhanIt’s not the ANC but the people of South Africa who benefit from Eskom in state hands, says Public Enterprises minister Pravin Gordhan.
Read more »
Eskom cancels contracts worth billions in corruption crackdownPresident Cyril Ramaphosa has revealed that Eskom cancelled coal supply agreements and construction contracts that would have cost the utility tens of billions of rand.
Read more »
Eskom cancels billions in deals amid corruption crackdown - TechCentralEskom has cancelled agreements and contracts valued at R11-billion as authorities crack down on crime at the utility.
Read more »