Taoiseach Simon Harris has repeatedly stated that he wanted new housing targets set before the general election is called
Housing Minister Darragh O’Brien has cast doubt upon new housing targets being announced before the election.
The Government has stated it will set new targets before the end of October, with the Taoiseach suggesting as recently as last weekend he believed there should be a goal of 60,000 homes per annum.READ MORE: Taoiseach told to stop games and announce election date “In relation to the housing targets, work is still ongoing,” Minister O’Brien told reporters. “We’d a good meeting this week. What we need to do is not just set the targets, but show how we can get there.
“I've said publicly, we are looking in the range of 50,000 plus. I don't think that could come as any surprise to people. But it's important as well that people know how we're going to get there. People can just pull figures out of the sky, and some of the opposition as well, as they will deliver 60,000, will deliver 70,000."
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Darragh O'Brien cannot 'give a date' when homelessness will fallIn August, there were 14,486 people living in emergency accommodation - 57 higher than there were in July.
Read more »
Influencer Sinead O'Brien weds long-time love Simon in stunning Portugal weddingSinead, known online as SineadCurvyStyle, has shared a glimpse inside her stunning wedding to her long-term partner Simon - they tied the knot in sunny Portugal
Read more »
Sinead O'Brien marries long-term partner Simon in stunning Portugal weddingIrish influencer Sinead O'Brien, known online as SineadCurvyStyle, tied the knot with her longtime partner Simon in a beautiful ceremony in Portugal. The Limerick native shared photos of her special day on Instagram, showing off her chic off-the-shoulder gown and beaming alongside her new husband.
Read more »
Man arrested over alleged harassment of Taoiseach Simon HarrisTaoiseach previously condemned the demonstrations outside his home in May as a ‘form of thuggery’
Read more »
Another person arrested over protest outside Taoiseach Simon Harris's homeAnother person has been arrested on suspicion of harassing the Taoiseach at his home during a protest during the summer.
Read more »
Man arrested as part of investigation into harassment of Taoiseach Simon HarrisGardai arrested a man, aged in his 30s, on Tuesday as part of ongoing investigations into the harassment of the Taoiseach at his family home in Greystones
Read more »