Credit Suisse saw $68 billion in first-quarter outflows as it crumbled

Philippines News News

Credit Suisse saw $68 billion in first-quarter outflows as it crumbled
Philippines Latest News,Philippines Headlines
  • 📰 staronline
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 33 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 75%

'These outflows have moderated but have not yet reversed as of April 24, 2023,' Credit Suisse said.

ZURICH: Credit Suisse said on Monday 61 billion Swiss francs left the bank in the first quarter, shedding light on the scale of the bank run that caused the 167-year-old institution to crumble and forced its state-engineered rescue.The bank reported results for what is likely to be the last time, as its shotgun marriage with rival Swiss bank UBS , is expected to be completed soon.

Assets managed by Credit Suisse's flagship wealth management division dropped to 502.5 billion francs at the end of March, compared to 707 billion reported for the same period last year. Clients rapidly started pulling money from Credit Suisse after it was ensnared in market turmoil unleashed by the collapse of U.S. lenders Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank.

This led Swiss authorities to scramble together a rescue package that included over 200 billion francs in financial guarantees and saw UBS agree to take over Credit Suisse for 3 billion Swiss francs in stock and assume up to 5 billion francs in losses. - Reuters.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

staronline /  🏆 4. in MY

Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Credit Suisse bondholders sue Swiss regulator | The Malaysian InsightCredit Suisse bondholders sue Swiss regulator | The Malaysian InsightThis comes after Finma ordered 16 billion Swiss francs in bonds be rendered worthless in takeover by UBS.
Read more »

First toll free period ended April 21, toll free travels on April 24 next, says LLMFirst toll free period ended April 21, toll free travels on April 24 next, says LLMKUALA LUMPUR: The four-day free toll for all classes of vehicles on 33 highways nationwide, which began on April 19 ended at 11.59pm Friday (April 21), says the Malaysian Highway Authority (LLM).
Read more »

Free toll period ended on April 21, next toll free rides on April 24, says LLMFree toll period ended on April 21, next toll free rides on April 24, says LLMKUALA LUMPUR, April 22 — The four-day free toll for all classes of vehicles on 33 highways throughout the country, which began on April 19 ended yesterday (April 21). In a...
Read more »

LLM: Free toll period ended on April 21, next toll free rides on April 24LLM: Free toll period ended on April 21, next toll free rides on April 24In a statement posted on Facebook yesterday, the Malaysian Highway Authority (LLM) said the next toll-free day is on April 24. theSun thesundaily LLM freetoll rahmahtoll Aidilfitri
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 12:48:12