Colchester yard debris plan coming, trail grant applications moved earlier, following storm | SaltWire

Philippines News News

Colchester yard debris plan coming, trail grant applications moved earlier, following storm | SaltWire
Philippines Latest News,Philippines Headlines
  • 📰 SaltWire Network
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 59 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 27%
  • Publisher: 63%

During the council meeting on Sept. 29, staff were directed to implement a plan for retrieving yard debris. A motion was also approved to move trail funding applications earlier to help with ongoing efforts following post-tropical storm Fiona.

One of the many trees uprooted by post-tropical storm Fiona. - Chelsey GouldTRURO, N.S. — There is still no word yet on how exactly Colchester residents will be assisted with tree cleanup following Hurricane Fiona, but municipal staff are working on it.

“We should take everything ... it's going to take a long time if you want us to take all the big stuff,” said Coun. Eric Boutilier. “The chipper won't take that big stuff. I think if we want to do the job, we need to do right and take everything because if we don't we're just going to create another mess.”

The council authorized the CAO to access up to $500,000 in reserve for the cleanup project – however, more sources for disaster mitigation funds, such as from the federal government, will become clearer in the coming days. CAO Rob Simonds said he is certain he would not reach the threshold in the next 14 days, which is when council can revisit its authorization.

Director of community development Paul Smith suggested the process be fast-tracked and simplified for community groups to access sooner, rather than later. Council put forth and approved the motion to deviate from policy and move the opening of applications to as soon as staff can implement it. The county has contacts for each of the local trail associations and would notify them of the advanced process. Money would be accessed from a $60,000 reserve fund.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

SaltWire Network /  🏆 45. in CA

Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Tom Brady Plays First Game In Tampa Since Hurricane Ian Without Wife Gisele Bündchen In The StandsTom Brady Plays First Game In Tampa Since Hurricane Ian Without Wife Gisele Bündchen In The StandsTom Brady is back on the field. On Sunday, the quarterback played at home with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers against the Kansas City Chiefs in their first game since being forced to evacuate last week due to Hurricane Ian. [readmore label='READ MORE: ' link='https://etcanada.com/news/928918/report-tom-brady-gisele-bundchen-are-living-apart-amid-marital-issues/' text='Report: Tom Brady & Gisele Bundchen Are Living Apart Amid Marital…
Read more »

‘Bachelor’ Alum Vanessa Grimaldi Welcomes First Baby With Husband Joshua Wolfe‘Bachelor’ Alum Vanessa Grimaldi Welcomes First Baby With Husband Joshua WolfeVanessa Grimaldi is officially a mom! The 35-year-old 'Bachelor' alum has welcomed her first child with husband Joshua Wolfe. Grimaldi took to Instagram on Friday and announced that she gave birth one day before she turned 35 on Thursday. The announcement included a photo of her in a hospital bed holding her new baby while Joshua gently…
Read more »

'French Spiderman' climbs first skyscraper with son in Barcelona'French Spiderman' climbs first skyscraper with son in BarcelonaBARCELONA — Alain Robert, the free climber dubbed the “French Spiderman,” scaled one of Barcelona’s highest skyscrapers on Saturday without a harness. And for…
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 15:48:37