They purchased the 65\u002Dhectare property in 2004 and got to work expanding a network of forest trails to enjoy during their retirement.
The agreement came in a handwritten note that was signed by the Crown’s lawyers and handed over in court on the day the trial was set to begin last month.Start your day with a roundup of B.C.-focused news and opinion delivered straight to your inbox at 7 a.m., Monday to Friday.By clicking on the sign up button you consent to receive the above newsletter from Postmedia Network Inc. You may unsubscribe any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails. Postmedia Network Inc.
They then gave him the handwritten note agreeing to the $300,000 settlement, subject to final approval, “which counsel for the province undertakes to promptly pursue.”This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.The Forests Ministry declined to comment, saying the matter has not been formally finalized.Chipeniuk, a retired professor of environmental planning at the University of Northern B.C.
The first flood caused a landslide on the property, submerged the couple’s driveway and resulted in the contamination of their well water with E. coli, the lawsuit states. Chipeniuk said that based on conversations with previous owners, the property had never had issues with oversaturation or flooding in the 30 years prior to the logging.
The logging changed the composition of the forest, removing half the coniferous trees, another factor influencing snowmelt, Alila said in an interview.
Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
B.C. agrees to pay $300,000 to couple who say logging flooded their propertyLawyers for the British Columbia government have agreed to pay $300,000 to settle a lawsuit by a couple whose property flooded after a third of the forest in the surrounding watershed was cut down.
Read more »
B.C. agrees to pay $300,000 to Smithers couple who say logging flooded their property – Terrace Standard2014 suit claimed B.C. was negligent in ensuring couple’s property would not be damaged by logging
Read more »
B.C. couple who used home as ATM in a cash crunch amid housing downturnRising interest rates have dealt this B.C. couple a double whammy as they try to sell their home and buy a new one. Find out more.
Read more »
Small wildfire in Metro Vancouver regional park now under controlCOQUITLAM, B.C. — The Metro Vancouver Regional District says a small wildfire sparked in a park last Saturday is now considered under control.
Read more »
B.C. Liberals ask government to cancel MLA pay raises next yearThe increases, which are tied to inflation, could total up to an extra $10,000 for MLAs, who earn $115,000 a year in basic compensation
Read more »